Quantcast

Thread: Changing game country on non region locked out games

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Default Changing game country on non region locked out games

Currently setting up my RetroArch setup on my Raspberry Pi 2, not real hardware here. I have a few games I know that work fine on REAL hardware at 60Hz with no region lockout but is there a way to change the region from Europe to USA for the following games so I don't have to keep changing the region when I want to emulate them?

Here's the games:
    Snake Rattle and Roll - seems to run better at 60hz
    Cannon Fodder - runs good too

Thanks for any assistance!
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Road Rasher

I do not understand the problem. In the emulator is there not just a simple menu item that you can press to change if you want to emulate a 50Hz system can you not just set the region to Europe? I can guarantee you that this is easier to do than dissembling the game to make it run better at a different refresh rate. I though some emulators can detect what region to use by analyzing the cartridge header. See https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Genesi...ing#ROM_header.

Thread Information