Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja Gaiden (Master System)

According to your reasoning, the Xbox also has a "version" and you should add it too
    What the problem?
    I can yet prefer the Nes version.
    I feel the same way. It's not a different version of Ninja Gaiden. It's another game in the Ninja Gaiden franchise
    Is Ninja Gaiden?
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Wii is dying. Last game Just Dance 2020. Thanks for all!

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by segarule View Post
    Is Ninja Gaiden?
    I'm not sure what you're asking but I'll answer yes regardless.

There are five games named just "Ninja Gaiden," six if you count the unreleased Genesis game and they're all completely different from one another.

So Nes Ninja Gaiden (hack and slash mechanics) i guess better than SMS version (hack and slash mecanics) and other versions (other mechanics).
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)

The Game Gear game is also a hack and slash although the gameplay mechanics are different to the NES trilogy and Master System game, more straitforward and action oriented. It's a dull and short game overall, even though the music is fantastic and the cutscenes replicate the Tecmo theather feature better than the Master System game does.

I take it you have only played the first game of the NES trilogy? You don't mention Ninja Gaiden II and Ninja Gaiden III even though they have the same basic gameplay mechanics of the first NES game and the Master System game, but you insist in only comparing these two for some odd reason.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

The Game Gear game is also a hack and slash although the gameplay mechanics are different to the NES trilogy and Master System game, more straitforward and action oriented. It's a dull and short game overall, even though the music is fantastic and the cutscenes replicate the Tecmo theather feature better than the Master System game does.
    I don't understand. We are arguing about Nes/SMS? because someone here mentioned xbox, atari and you Game Gear. Unbelievable! Ninja Gaiden is Ninja Gaiden don't matter what mechanics.

I take it you have only played the first game of the NES trilogy? You don't mention Ninja Gaiden II and Ninja Gaiden III even though they have the same basic gameplay mechanics of the first NES game and the Master System game, but you insist in only comparing these two for some odd reason.
    I played I and II and, between the two nes versions i prefer NG II.
    Why i insist in comparing these two? What odd reason? I need have patience.

What thread's title?

I don't understand. We are arguing about Nes/SMS? because someone here mentioned xbox, atari and you Game Gear. Unbelievable! Ninja Gaiden is Ninja Gaiden don't matter what mechanics.
    You brought up Ninja Gaiden for the NES even if it's a different game to Ninja Gaiden for the Master System, so others brought up other different games from the same series in several other platforms. It's your logic after all.

I played I and II and, between the two nes versions i prefer NG II.
    Why i insist in comparing these two? What odd reason? I need have patience.

What thread's title?
    You care so much for the "title" when that means pretty much nothing. Would you be doing the same comparison if the Master System game would have been titled Ninja Gaiden IV?
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

You brought up Ninja Gaiden for the NES even if it's a different game to Ninja Gaiden for the Master System, so others brought up other different games from the same series in several other platforms. It's your logic after all.
    What i said?
    i guess the nes version better.
    What is my logic? I just posted my opinion. If you have one different opinion is your problem.

You care so much for the "title" when that means pretty much nothing. Would you be doing the same comparison if the Master System game would have been titled Ninja Gaiden IV?
    I not change my opinion. But if the title is about a SMS game, not matter if Ninja Gaiden, if NG IV. Just is ridiculous claim other version against Nes if the thread subject is about SMS version.

So Nes Ninja Gaiden (hack and slash mechanics) i guess better than SMS version (hack and slash mecanics) and other versions (other mechanics).
    i wouldn't say better, just more tight if that explains it. the sms feels loose compared to the nes games, but i must admit i liked the look of the sms version more.

I always preferred the Master System Ninja Gaiden game over its NES counterparts for one major reason: fewer respawning enemies.

As whole, the constant flow of respawning enemies from Ninja Gaiden has always been my biggest quibble with the series and it was sort of toned down here.

it is definitely a better game in that regard, the difficulty feels a little more natural versus aggravating. However i find the "loose-r" controls of the sms kind of replace that frustration the nes had with the enemies. i always felt like i had to really plan the jump out, and the wall jumps never felt fluid.

Wildside Expert

I've been playing alot of Master System and Game Gear games recently and this is definitely a stand out title, one of the best 8-bit games I have played.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Xhojn's Avatar

I'll give this a try soon as it's on my to play list but I've only heard good things.

This is one of those games sorely lacking from my collection to this day. Such a fine game. My brother took a trip to Europe recently and bought me a bunch of NES games and there was a copy of this game there in a French store and for some reason I passed on it. Probably since I already dropped $250. Oh well, even if I was out of cash I still regret not buying this game. Shop gave good deals too!
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Thread Information