Quantcast

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Thread: Post Your Game List!

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Iím pretty sure the last Genesis game I bought was Greendog. Before that, I believe it was Global Gladiators.

Also, the Genesis Mini, does that count? Itís pretty cool.

Outrunner

I have a small but carefully curated collection:

Mega Drive (mixture of Jp/EU/US all CIB):
    Duke Nukem 3D (Piko re-release)
    Pier Solar
    Xeno Crisis
    Tanglewood
    Bare Knuckle 2
    Puyo Puyo
    Brian Lara Cricket
    Yū Yū Hakusho: Makyō Tōitsusen
    Virtua Racing
    Phantasy Star Fukkokuban
    Centurion
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    Quackshot
    Castle of Illusion
    Aladdin
    Dune II
    Star Odyssey
    Beggar Prince

Mega CD - all CIB
    Dune (EU)
    The Terminator (EU)
    Thunderhawk (EU)
    Snatcher (EU)
    Ninja Warriors (Jp)
    Shadowrun (Jp)
    Final Fight CD (Jp)
    Switch (Jp)
    Keio Flying Squadron (Jp)
    Night Striker (Jp)
    Fhey Area (Jp)
    Alshark (Jp)
    Time Gal (Jp)
    Silpheed (Jp)
    Record of Lodoss War (Jp)
    Sonic CD (Jp)
    Cobra: The Space Adventure (US)
    Shining Force CD (US)
    Popful Mail (US)
    Lunar: The Silver Star (US)
    Microcosm (EU)
    Secret of Monkey Island (LRG re-release)

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Nice collection, Crazy. I only collect PAL Mega Drive, Mega CD and Saturn titles, and nowadays it is indeed an expensive hobby! I still try to treat myself to a couple of new games every month though.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Iím pretty sure the last Genesis game I bought was Greendog. Before that, I believe it was Global Gladiators.

Also, the Genesis Mini, does that count? Itís pretty cool.
    Sure the Mini counts. It's Sega related, and that little guy is legit. I really like it. I did the Mod My Classic mod on it, and it runs really well. I've had zero issues, and I'm really happy to use it as a travel Genesis. In fact, playing some games on there that I didn't have access to in the past made me buy actual carts, so that was nice.

I'd really recommend grabbing a 6-Button controller. I got the one they were selling at Target/Best but, the Retrobit controller, and it's great. I also picked up the wireless verison, so I'm all set up on that mini. Well worth the extra investment. I'm going to pick up a little carry case for it. That will be probably the last thing I grab for it. Maybe another Retrobit wired 6-button controller.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Nice collection, Crazy. I only collect PAL Mega Drive, Mega CD and Saturn titles, and nowadays it is indeed an expensive hobby! I still try to treat myself to a couple of new games every month though.
    Thanks, buddy. Most of the CD games I bought when stuff was still cheap, for example Snatcher was £55, Keio £30 (!) and Cobra: Space Adventure was £70. Would cost well over a grand to buy those three now.

I tend to have a preference for Jp (love the artwork) and then US (for 60Hz goodness) and try to avoid PAL as some games donít play at 60Hz or you at least have to start in 50Hz and then switch over. I donít mind PAL CD games though as most of those play okay at 60Hz and the double jewel cases are much better than the US long boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Thanks, buddy. Most of the CD games I bought when stuff was still cheap, for example Snatcher was £55, Keio £30 (!) and Cobra: Space Adventure was £70. Would cost well over a grand to buy those three now.

I tend to have a preference for Jp (love the artwork) and then US (for 60Hz goodness) and try to avoid PAL as some games donít play at 60Hz or you at least have to start in 50Hz and then switch over. I donít mind PAL CD games though as most of those play okay at 60Hz and the double jewel cases are much better than the US long boxes.
    Ah yes the old 50Hz-60Hz issue. I grew up playing PAL games running at 50Hz so they feel perfectly normal to me. It's weird because when I sometimes play classic Mega Drive titles in 60Hz they don't feel or sound right to me. I'm like, "Urgh the music has been speeded up." lol! I guess it's just what you're used to.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Ah yes the old 50Hz-60Hz issue. I grew up playing PAL games running at 50Hz so they feel perfectly normal to me. It's weird because when I sometimes play classic Mega Drive titles in 60Hz they don't feel or sound right to me. I'm like, "Urgh the music has been speeded up." lol! I guess it's just what you're used to.
    As did I play exclusively 50Hz as a teenager, but started getting back in to retro since around the year 2000 so Iíve spent more of my life playing games at 60Hz than 50Hz and itís kind of corrected or replaced my memories of how the games should look and play. Iím definitely a 60Hz fanboy now, a total convert.

Bumpedy bump! Since they won't pin this thread anymore I'll just keep bumping it from time to time. Share your collections guys, I find it really interesting.

Ok I guess I'll bump this thread by adding some recent hauls I've grabbed (2-3 months). I'm not sure if they're all Sega related or even retro related, but in an effort to avoid constant high prices for classic games I'm trying to get ahead of the curve by collecting some PS3, PS4, and even Xbox games.
    My latest batch--
    PS3: Saw, Saw 2, God of War Origins Collection, Dante's Inferno, MGS V: Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes.
    Vita: Import Orange Vita system, Silent Hill Origins
    Xbox: The Thing, XMen Legends
    Sega Genesis/ Mega Drive: King Colossus, Golden Axe 2 and 3, Sonic 1, 2, 3, and finally Paprium.
    32x: Console, MetalHead and Star Wars Arcade
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Nice, lots of cool stuff you guys are finding. My recent pick ups for the Genesis are:

Dragon the Bruce Lee Story
    Gadget Twins
    Uncharted Waters II: New Horizons
    Dune II Battle for Arrakis

I'm trying to finish up my Genesis collection, and am about 30 games away, with only a couple heavy hitters in there. (I never picked up Punisher and Crusader of Centy, but that's okay. I. Pretty happy that I have the games I have.)
    Now my focus will be to get some little sleaves for my loose carts, and find a nice way to store them.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Nice, lots of cool stuff you guys are finding.
    I'm trying to finish up my Genesis collection, and am about 30 games away, with only a couple heavy hitters in there. (I never picked up Punisher and Crusader of Centy, but that's okay. I. Pretty happy that I have the games I have.)
    Now my focus will be to get some little sleaves for my loose carts, and find a nice way to store them.

Thanks! I totally agree with you regarding Punisher and Crusaderr of Centy. I'm lucky enough to have complete copies of both games, but that's only because I got them several years ago before price gauging. While I love both games tremendously I cannot recommend either of them for their current asking prices unless you're absolutely going for a complete Genesis set. Strangely enough I was streaming a playthrough of Centy over the weekend and will try to finish it up this weekend. It's a total shame that it never got more recognition or even a proper sequel because it's a great game IMO.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I passed up complete copies of Crusader of Centy in shops twice back in the day. Once for 50 and once for 60. We're talking around 2010-12. At the time, I feel like it was already about a 100 dollar game on ebay because I knew the price was good when I saw it in the store. But I couldn't bring myself to just buy a game for the sake of collecting. I didn't ever foresee myself wanting to play a glitchy Zelda ripoff, so I left it. In retrospect, I feel like I made the right decision. I probably used that 50 bucks for something more useful at the time like beer or tacos.
    Last edited by profholt82; 05-11-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information