Quantcast

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

I picked up a copy for PS4, but won't get my console back for another week. Im staying clear of reviews until I've played it a few days.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

This is by no means a large or even impressive Shenmue collection. What it is tho,is putting a smile on my face that Shenmue III is in there. 18 years of waiting. Seemed like it would never happen.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Any time there is anything related to Shenmue posted on this forum, the same several people come out of the woodwork to talk at length about their feelings of frustration with it. I feel like there needs to be a Post-Shenmue Stress Disorder support group to help you guys get it out of your systems.
    I'll chew through that woodwork.

All the poor decisions and internal conflict was bad enough. Sega allowed Yu Suzuki to run away from arcade design to burn their money on cinematic nonsense with superfluous scope creep when they needed him. He could have been focusing on multiple system-sellers instead, but we got this awful, bloated project.

Shenmue is garbage and it played a part in killing Sega. Shenmue 3 is a fucking joke. Just look at it. The biggest accomplishment by it's release is that it has silenced all the fanboys that spammed and begged every Sega press release for the past 15 years or more.

I've been laughing at the reviews. I've been laughing ever since one of the guys at Giant Bomb commented on it at E3. I'm laughing at the idea making headlines, that there is now a defense-force fake-reviewing it to boost metacritic score.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Shenmue Rocks. One of SEGA's best franchises. Shenmue 1 is one of the best games ever made. I find it funny people who hate the series care so deeply about reviews and keep showing up in any forum Shenmue topic to point it out as if we care. We always knew it would be devisive.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Shenmue 3 is a fucking joke. Just look at it.
    I did look at it, and I loved it, just like the Shenmue games before it. It is an artistic masterpiece.

Maybe I should look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Maybe I should look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    I'll chew through that woodwork.

All the poor decisions and internal conflict was bad enough. Sega allowed Yu Suzuki to run away from arcade design to burn their money on cinematic nonsense with superfluous scope creep when they needed him. He could have been focusing on multiple system-sellers instead, but we got this awful, bloated project.

Shenmue is garbage and it played a part in killing Sega. Shenmue 3 is a fucking joke. Just look at it. The biggest accomplishment by it's release is that it has silenced all the fanboys that spammed and begged every Sega press release for the past 15 years or more.

I've been laughing at the reviews. I've been laughing ever since one of the guys at Giant Bomb commented on it at E3. I'm laughing at the idea making headlines, that there is now a defense-force fake-reviewing it to boost metacritic score.
    This is spot on. From the man who brought you Super Hang On, After Burner II, Sword of Vermilion, Space Harrier, Outrun, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Fighting Vipers, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA, comes the biggest, most bloated $70MM pet project of all-time that culminates in the most esoteric video game experience that basically manages to fuck up what was at the time the best hardware launch of any video game console to date. Everything the guy touched before this was basically gold for SEGA, so I can understand what they thought giving him free reign may have done for their financial prospects. But this is alongside the fact that the Dreamcast didn't have a DVD player. I'm convinced that SEGA, for what it spent on Shenmue, could have made a lot more games that were a lot better and not gutted the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

We get it you hate it. Move on with your lives. It's ok. You will live even when Shenmue IV is funded. I know I know it's hard but you can do it! I believe in you!

We'll live when Shenmue IV gets funded huh? I would fucking hope so. Anybody that can successfully take their own pulse right now qualifies for that statement.
    Yu Suzuki took in millions in crowd funding, and he sure as shit didn't put it all into making Shenmue III any good. Shenmue IV should already be funded.

You should go to that doctor. They may be able help get over your irrational anger towards Shenmue.

Until then. Gunna eat my carrots!

I think we've all met Knuckle Duster in Shenmue as that girl with the umbrella.

"GET OUT OF MY SPACE"

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Picked this up yesterday with the free tin case from Best Buy for $35.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Jimquisition? Meh!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information