Quantcast

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Shenmue III

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Why does KD care so much that some poeple like something he doesn't? Does it hurt him that much?

GREAT! SHENMUE ROCKS!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Shenmue unleashed conclusion-begging spam on every piece of news the company puts out.

The only ones more retarded than Shenmue fans when it comes to begging for sequels are the "Dreamcast 2" beggars, as if the target audience for any game platform these days has any connection whatsoever to Sega as a hardware brand.

20 years later: Yu Suzuki is a fucking mega bum, and he can't finish the fucking story.

Aside from of this flippant and outrageous shit posting on my part, I really don't actually care.

I will say that Shenmue is overrated trash and it helped kill Sega and the Dreamcast though. Because it is, and it did.

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

I've played S3 for about 5 hours. It immediately won me over with the music, and the same menu sound effects, and the same font in the titles each day and area. It is a relaxing game to me, I enjoy searching for herbs, and chopping wood just right so that Afterburner music plays! It was not the searching, or conversations, or just the fighting that made Shenmue a wonderful experience BITD. It was all of it, together, all the SEGA references and toys and arcade games, and attention to detail allowing you to buy milk for a cat, or light a match, or screw in a new light bulb. And then the QTE's kicked in, or a new fight, and those seemed so exciting compared to the sedentary pace of the mystery exploration.

So far, the problem I see with S3 is that it isn't Sega. No Sega toy capsules, or arcade games? But there are some interesting nostalgic capsules, like Joy on her bike. The fighting is less a VF/ SOR mix than before, it seems. Different.

I am greatly enjoying the experience so far!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Shenmue unleashed conclusion-begging spam on every piece of news the company puts out.

The only ones more retarded than Shenmue fans when it comes to begging for sequels are the "Dreamcast 2" beggars, as if the target audience for any game platform these days has any connection whatsoever to Sega as a hardware brand.

20 years later: Yu Suzuki is a fucking mega bum, and he can't finish the fucking story.

Aside from of this flippant and outrageous shit posting on my part, I really don't actually care.

I will say that Shenmue is overrated trash and it helped kill Sega and the Dreamcast though. Because it is, and it did.
    Anyone that listens to that over-rated pos Jim “loudmouth” Sterling is a retard. He’s a bigger waste of time than any Shenmue game.

You see what I did there?
    Last edited by gamevet; 12-03-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I'm in the minority on this forum but as far as I am personally concerned. I got my Dreamcast 2. Xbox/Xbox 360. I got Shenmue III. I am getting Bayonetta 3. I got Darksiders III and many other sequels I longed for(like DMC5 as an example and others). Now I just need Mega Man Legends 3.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I just play the games. I rarely care what box it’s on.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I just play the games. I rarely care what box it’s on.
    Agreed, playing my Kickstarter Shenmue 3 now and enjoying it every time. I even picked up Shenmue 1/2 bundle off PSN cause it was on sale. My dreamcast controller will thank me for that.
    -Rick "Only fools oppose the almighty Megatron"

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=foxhound

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

I was thoroughly disappointed with shenmue 3 and I'm a huge shenmue fan. worst story and characters I can think of in any serious game for the past 10 years.

Crow for me. I still think Shenmue 1-2 was great even if I lean more to Shenmue 1. III was a massive let down. No desire to ever pick it up again. Killed my interest in future installments if there ever is any.

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

Big Merry Cruise is a waste of time. I enjoyed Battle Rally though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Crow for me. I still think Shenmue 1-2 was great even if I lean more to Shenmue 1. III was a massive let down. No desire to ever pick it up again. Killed my interest in future installments if there ever is any.
    I’m kind of there too. HOW is it ok that the story isn’t advanced at all? How old do I have to get to actually see some movement?

Seems like Suzuki forgot about what happened to Ryo himself after all these years.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

I really loved Shenmue 3, despite some shortcomings, it become one of my favourite game in the last decade.

I'm really hyped for Shenmue 4 now.

Thread Information