Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taz in Escape from Mars

Default Taz in Escape from Mars

Taz's first Genesis adventure still meets mixed reactions wherever you go. Some people like it, and others hate it with a passion. Regardless of which is the majority, Sega obviously thought it sold well enough to give the sequel a green light. This time around, the famous Looney Toon found himself on Mars, and his adventure pitted him against an entire cast of famous Warner Bros. characters. Did it live up to its predecessor, and more importantly, should you track down a copy? Read our full review for the scoop!
    Last edited by Melf; 09-04-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I think I prefered Taz Mania for some reason, but this one isn't too bad either.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

This game is horrible.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Well written review that addresses all the problems with this mediocre game.
    I also prefer Taz Mania, but I could live without either of them.. it's kinda fun to watch the speedruns though ^^

I prefered escapes from mars to taz-mania because taz-mania had far too many annoying level design problems. I didn't think Taz escapes from mars was too bad to be honest.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I remember this game being smoother than Taz-Mania. Taz-Mania has some choppy scrolling in some stages. Plus the audio is god-awful. Escape From Mars isn't exactly the pinnacle of platformers, but it's better.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I've played the original Taz a bit on emu after recalling how EGM gave it good marks and gave "Escape from Mars" not-so-good marks, notably mentioning it isn't as good as the original. The original Taz just reeks of third-rate American production. It does indeed look and move choppy, and the sound is horrendous (they tried going for an ambient, Warner Bros-esque cartoon sound with the music and sfx, but it didn't translate well at all to the Genesis sound chip). Taz's animations are nice though, that's it.

Sega's brief efforts at creating Warner Bros. games weren't as good as their Disney efforts, or Sunsoft's WB efforts, or Capcom/Virgin/Disney Interactive's Disney efforts. Games like the Tazs and Bugs Bunny: Double Trouble were at the bottom of this barrel.

Nice game if your a Taz fan, though not as good as Taz-Mania

It's too hard and the levels are too long. The first few levels of Taz Mania you can breeze right through but in this game I strugggled on the first level and couldnt beat the 1st boss. Not to mention only 3 lives and limited continues. I normally welcome longer levels in a platformer but it doesnt work here because since Taz is a bit rough to control.

I found the level design awkward and frustrating and so i also prefer the original Taz,but get this! Taz escape from mars complete in under 17mins loool

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

The level designs are much improved, the scrolling and movement are slightly less choppy, the speed is much raised, and Taz has new manoeuvres that increase vertical play and overall exploration. Add all these improvements together, and it's still completely broken bullshit. The best part is when at the end of a level Taz goes into a crate. Sadly, at the beginning of the next level, he comes back out.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I have to admit, I owned and played through the first Taz game repeatedly, I thought it was great fun but ended up not keeping it or recollecting it. Escape from Mars personally offended me and I never played it twice.

I REALLY like game, ever since I got it new back in the 90s. I can understand how some people might find the spin dynamic disorienting and difficult to control. And I also understand how some people find the levels too long and difficulty. If you don't where to go, you can easily get lost in the many extra rooms. But after playing it for a long time, I really do appreciate the quality of this game's graphics, humor, and action.

I can't stand this game or Taz-Mania.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hero of Algol

Me too.

Thread Information