Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizontal red/magenta stripes through s-video (but not composite)

Thanks for all the help guys.

I took it around to my friend's place where there's a CRT with svideo in, bloody thing works fine. I guess there's something crappy about the Dell LCD monitor which results in dodgy svideo performance. Very weird since another MD2 with the same encoder and svideo mod works fine on it.

The only reason I have that monitor is for svideo mods testing, too... guess I should get rid of it :/

I have a issue with my Mega Drive 2 where it sometimes has wrong tint on the whole image. And if I enable my capture card "color AGC" feature the red becomes green at some spots. I modded it with CXA1645 as it originally had a MB3814.

Probably has to do with the chroma signal being too strong.
    I'd like to share some wisdom:
    Quote Originally Posted by TmEE
    I'm too lazy to be unstoppable.
    you can have shame, as long as you don't feel it

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys.

I took it around to my friend's place where there's a CRT with svideo in, bloody thing works fine. I guess there's something crappy about the Dell LCD monitor which results in dodgy svideo performance. Very weird since another MD2 with the same encoder and svideo mod works fine on it.

The only reason I have that monitor is for svideo mods testing, too... guess I should get rid of it :/
    To quote a famous penguin : " Well this sucks....". Hopefuly you'll never stumble again on a model 1 with a 3514.

Quote Originally Posted by l_oliveira View Post
    I have a issue with my Mega Drive 2 where it sometimes has wrong tint on the whole image. And if I enable my capture card "color AGC" feature the red becomes green at some spots. I modded it with CXA1645 as it originally had a MB3814.

Probably has to do with the chroma signal being too strong.
    The md service manuals have fairly different parts values and even circuits for the different encoder chips, might need to check them out

Thread Information