Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Putty Squad unreleased MD version

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    I was waiting to post pictures once I got the video squared away. I apologize for the delay.
    No problem but I'm really anxious to see some footage of the game running.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    After the fallout from Indy, it's really not worth the headache.
    Sorry for asking, but what do you mean by "fallout"? The license issues or the thread flame war?

Sports Talker

I'm curious, is the game complete?

Also, can many people together collect money to buy the game, I can give 200$ to this (yes, I'm serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwolfen View Post

Also, can many people together collect money to buy the game, I can give 200$ to this (yes, I'm serious)

That's a good idea, I'd also be interested in contributing to a group purchase if possible, even if I am a new member around here.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwolfen View Post
    AFAIK it is.
    But I also want to have more info. I'd like to see it running in order to have an idea of how polished this version is.
    By the old magazines screenshots, it seems to be similar to the Amiga AGA version but without the gradient (typical Copper stuff) on the background.

Here's a footage of the Amiga AGA version which wasn't released back in the days as well:

The idea of group funding sounds good to me too, but IDK what order/amount of money we would have to achieve in order to get BeaglePuss to release it.
    Maybe we could make a deal where he keeps the physical prototype for himself but we pay him to release the game digitally, with proper covers etc. So that way each one could try to make his own repro or just use Everdrive while he would still have the original prototype for himself.

I just didn't want to see it happening in the same way it did with the Indiana Jones' game. People waited for its release for decades, then it finally surfaced but someone re-bought it from him and once again we have no idea when/if the game will be actually released.
    Furthermore, if an official release is the target of the Indiana Jones proto owner, we may see some cuts in the original content of the game; which would suck real bad IMO.
    Last edited by Barone; 09-02-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Pictures/Videos please!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Pic of the pcb for now:

It's going to take me a few more days to get decent video, so please be patient with me.

I'm fine doing a group buy/dump, but I don't have any intentions of keeping the pcb itself. That will be sent to the head of the buy, and as soon as it leaves my hands, I'm washing my hands clean of it.

Raging in the Streets

I had the demo of this for the longest time on the Amiga

Honestly thought the game was just outright cancelled.

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

I'll get it in a few months if it's still here, but can't afford to sacrifice my cash for it at the moment. By then I imagine a fundraiser will have started, but if not...

Good luck!
    I'm Pro A'can

Thanks Bram!

Took a super short video to hold people over a bit:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-N-tjWbXS8

Password system works. Mark's doing a play through at the moment. Currently on the third level where the music is different.

Great game overall.

Thanks for the video, Matt.

It's pretty interesting, it's definitely a conversion of the Amiga version with some revised aspects like the hud and backgrounds. For some reason, I thought this version was going to be more closely related to the SNES version, but you can see it isn't the case because of the different music (it's actually the Amiga version music, the SNES version has a completely different theme), the missing intro (the SNES version features an intro of sorts when you start a new game) and the lack of a two players option (which is a shame).
    Last edited by Wesker; 09-06-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Hero of Algol

Thanks a lot for the video. The color usage and the animation looks great IMO.
    However, it feels like it has no sound effects even with its option enabled in the main menu; but maybe they're just very quiet and the record didn't capture them.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    However, it feels like it has no sound effects even with its option enabled in the main menu; but maybe they're just very quiet and the record didn't capture them.
    Maybe it's a typical Amiga port issue, la Onslaught, where you have to choose between music and SFX because the developers didn't bother to upgrade the audio engine to reflect the Genesis's capabilities -- or in this case, maybe the devs hadn't gotten around to it yet?

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I agree, the visuals look amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Got some more game time in last night. The game is much better than I had expected.

Feel free to shoot me a PM of you're interested in getting a group buy going.

Game is sold pending payment.

Thread Information