Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cascade - upcoming game from Super Fighter Team

kirby Cascade - upcoming game from Super Fighter Team

http://www.playcascade.com/

Brandon is betraying his ideals about pre-orders and cardboard boxes, which he said he didn't like. But that's fine. Another Mega Drive release is another Mega Drive release!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Nameless One

i love new MD releases, this one i generally couldn;t give a shit about though. I think its the price, 55USD for what with probably arrive with a broken piss-poor quality box ( as all my other SFT releases did) is too much

How much do you think it should cost?

My Star Odyssey box broke when I put the cartridge back in after finishing it. So I'm gonna add a replacement box to my pre-order this time around.

Nameless One

I think for the quality of the materials used, it should be a third cheaper

EDIT - in reality i dont know what time goes into these releases, and how much the shitty materials COBB uses costs so the figure of a third i just pulled out of the air

FASEBONUS all the way price wise. Yes i fully understand why COBB has to charge higher due to all the work that goes into....v.dsdgergfrhg.h.rgcvv
    Last edited by WuTang; 03-09-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

He calls it cardstock
    Is that the same as Cardboard?

I just swapped out the boxes for regular clamshells. Problem solved. I appreciate Fasebonus' work, but they're basically making repro carts. I'd expect them to be cheaper than a licensed, bug-fixed title.

I'm definitely getting Magic Girl, but I need to see more of this one before I decide. I like puzzlers, but not all of them appeal to me.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    He calls it cardstock
    Is that the same as Cardboard?
    One could always just scan the box and make an insert.

Quote Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
    I think for the quality of the materials used, it should be a third cheaper

EDIT - in reality i dont know what time goes into these releases, and how much the shitty materials COBB uses costs so the figure of a third i just pulled out of the air

FASEBONUS all the way price wise. Yes i fully understand why COBB has to charge higher due to all the work that goes into....v.dsdgergfrhg.h.rgcvv
    It's quite a bit Brandon has to pay for:

*License from GamTec
    *Translator
    *Programmer
    *Shipping to USA
    *Cover drawing artist
    *Production

Some things are small, but it adds up, so I think $40 is a fair price.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Is this game an unreleased prototype, or a translation of a released game? Lost Levels found a reference in an old magazine that makes it sound like it came out in Japan, but I don't know the Japanese title if so.

The SFT press blurb implies it's never been released -- "never before seen game" -- but I just want to verify that. (I know it was released on other platforms.)
    Last edited by goldenband; 03-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post

Brandon is betraying his ideals about pre-orders and cardboard boxes, which he said he didn't like. But that's fine. Another Mega Drive release is another Mega Drive release!
    I would say both of these changes are a good thing. The plastic cases he was using were crap, worse than cardboard. And preorders will hopefully keep the fiasco he had with Star Odyssey. Also I don't think this is the first time he's taken preorders. I think he did it with beggar prince also.

I'm glad to see Brandon doing another release. I was just thinking today that the Genesis didn't have enough puzzle games.

a.k.a. hombreimaginario Outrunner synapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    One could always just scan the box and make an insert.
    You know, a cover download should be included with the purchase, so that buyers can choose if they want to make their own plastic case. It wouldn't cost SFT a dime and it would make users a bit happier, in my opinion

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I just gave in and paid also for this one.

Still, I'm just confused as to why these titles are not showing up on the "our games" menu above:

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

If Brandon doesn't want to deal with the hassle of getting clamshells then he should just sell his games without a box.
    Just cart+manual+cover, shave a little bit of the price by not producing all those cardboard boxes and let the customer supply their own box.

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    I would say both of these changes are a good thing. The plastic cases he was using were crap, worse than cardboard. And preorders will hopefully keep the fiasco he had with Star Odyssey. Also I don't think this is the first time he's taken preorders. I think he did it with beggar prince also.
    Well, yeah, I agree, I just found it surprising that he changed his mind. He was very much against cardboard boxes before because the "true" case of Genesis games are the plastic clamshells. He also called the pre-ordering process "arduous" before.

I personally have nothing against pre-ordering and if the cardboard cases are of good quality (and perhaps bring some nice printing finish to them), they'll definitely be better than the plastic cases Brandon used before.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    You know, a cover download should be included with the purchase, so that buyers can choose if they want to make their own plastic case. It wouldn't cost SFT a dime and it would make users a bit happier, in my opinion
    This.

And this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    If Brandon doesn't want to deal with the hassle of getting clamshells then he should just sell his games without a box.
    Just cart+manual+cover, shave a little bit of the price by not producing all those cardboard boxes and let the customer supply their own box.
    I'd rather have the thing cart + manual, and a pdf of the cover so that I could print my own. It would save on the shipping costs too. Carboard boxes, no matter how nicely designed are still fragile and annoying to deal with. I don't really see a reason for the change.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Thread Information