Quantcast

Page 18 of 135 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (Official Thread)

Kiwi

As much as I agree with you guys, I still love my Wii U system. Even with all the bullshit you have to deal with.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by war2thegrave View Post
    That's no different than what happened with the 3DS during the first year of it's existence.
    There weren't many games to speak of and it wasn't exactly flying off the shelves, so walmart just
    mixed the 3DS games among the regular DS games.
    Keep in mind that walmart is probably the largest video game retailer in the US.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The Wii U is going on its forth year in the market so comparing how it is currently being handled with the 3DS (during its first year) is not germane. Forty two months on the market should make for a rather extensive library.

This is how it looked in February:

IMG_0331.jpg

Just add in a bunch of unsold Wii crap while removing some of those Wii U games and you'll know what it looks like today. Talk about embarrassing.

I hunger! Wildside Expert war2thegrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The Wii U is going on its forth year in the market so comparing how it is currently being handled with the 3DS (during its first year) is not germane. Forty two months on the market should make for a rather extensive library.

This is how it looked in February:

IMG_0331.jpg

Just add in a bunch of unsold Wii crap while removing some of those Wii U games and you'll know what it looks like today. Talk about embarrassing.
    Just sayin.
    When it looked like the 3DS was going to flop, they just crammed all of that stuff into the DS shelf.
    It could be worse, as much as I like the Vita, there are shops whos Vita section hasn't changed since release.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    As much as I agree with you guys, I still love my Wii U system. Even with all the bullshit you have to deal with.
    I'm a recent Wii U owner, and I agree, especially because I skipped Wii and so now I get to go back and play that system's greatest hits upscaled over HDMI.

But yeah, Nintendo, finally get things right. It's really right there in your grasp.

I think it'll become more like the N64. A few great games but not enough to keep you happy by itself. The Saturn had a good number of games, especially in Japan. Unfortunately most weren't very good.

the Wii U doesn't upscale Wii games. vWii runs at 480p just liek the original Wii did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Oh. I'm kind of new to the Genesis so I didn't know. It took a lot of time tearing that MUSHA label off. It came off in many pieces so I just stuck them on the insert and manual (which I also trashed) while I was doing it. I did keep the plastic case, though!

Quote Originally Posted by war2thegrave View Post
    Just sayin.
    When it looked like the 3DS was going to flop, they just crammed all of that stuff into the DS shelf.
    It could be worse, as much as I like the Vita, there are shops whos Vita section hasn't changed since release.
    Nintendo got its act in gear with the 3DS. The same will never be said for how it handled the Wii U as it is close to hitting rock bottom. Things can't get much worse for this console or more importantly, those who invested in such a joke. I feel conned. Reggie talked out his arse when hyping this console a few E3's ago because it never blossomed into what he claimed it would.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I dont know what it is with the Wii U and the 3DS, but I just keep coming back to them; especially the 3DS. Also, don't know how the heck I was turned, but I found myself even picking up some Amiibos. But all of this is recent to me (picked up my current gen Nintendo hardware not one month ago).

All I can say is: Nintendo better keep physical media with the NX.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Rumors abound that the NX is using an x86 processor. Someone over on GAF saying it's weak-ass low/mid-tier garbage.

RIP Nintendon't.
    I love these threads. How gullible can some people get?

Hero of Algol

I usually stop reading when people cite GAF as resource for any technical discussion.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

The current trend in console hardware is to release low end AMD APUs with bottlenecks on the shared memory. AMD's recent earnings calls have given people reason to expect it from the NX. GAF rumors are just a solid enough reason to take a shit on Nintendo without being technical.

I really don't care about raw power and graphics.
    As long as the game are good and fun (And hell, Nintendo does that pretty well), I'll stick with them.
    I have lots of fun with Mario Kart and Splatoon. I don't say that Dark Souls 3 is bad or that FIFA isn't fun to play with friends (most of the times it isn't, haha) but I prefer the childish stuff. It's just plain fun.
    SEGA, mais forte que tu!

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Mario

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I dont know what it is with the Wii U and the 3DS, but I just keep coming back to them; especially the 3DS. Also, don't know how the heck I was turned, but I found myself even picking up some Amiibos. But all of this is recent to me (picked up my current gen Nintendo hardware not one month ago).

All I can say is: Nintendo better keep physical media with the NX.
    Ban this sunovab*# now before it spreads to others! Naw hell yeah I wanna nab a 3ds and hopefully the wii u sells like shit so I can play the waiting game & get one for cheap.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    Ban this sunovab*# now before it spreads to others! Naw hell yeah I wanna nab a 3ds and hopefully the wii u sells like shit so I can play the waiting game & get one for cheap.
    The problem is that there was only ever a single run of the silicon and I don't think Nintendo will be ordering any more. So the price will most likely stay high until well after support for the hardware has ceased, as there's no room for cost reduction. That means the prices stay the same for the retailers, and given the already anorexic profit margins, they won't be able to do much in reaching the price they can offer.

Thread Information