Quantcast

Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2013

Thread: Nintendo Switch (Official Thread)

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

M2 is bringing Twin Cobra, Truxton II, Flying Shark, and Out Zone. To the system. I have not found a mention of other consoles sadly.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Switch

July 2020 Switch games. I'm going to try and keep updating this each month so you guys can look at what's coming out.
    05/05/15

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/no-m...itch-in-taiwan

Looks like a No More Heroes HD is being ported to Switch. These games never enjoyed properly-being in HD. PS3 "port" of 1 is a butchered version of the game. 2 never got ported.

Switch sold 5.7 million systems this QTR one of the most in a non-holiday period. 61.44 million systems sold. About the NES level. Xenoblade DE is the fastest-selling XB game and at 1.3 million already. Animal Crossing one of the fastest-selling games ever and already over 22 million sold. And now NSW owners looking at the latter half of 2020 wondering where are the releases at?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Grandia is getting a physical release from LRG.

https://limitedrungames.com/products...eid=764ea6b1aa
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    M2 is bringing Twin Cobra, Truxton II, Flying Shark, and Out Zone. To the system. I have not found a mention of other consoles sadly.
    Amazing news. If they're part of the ShotTriggers releases we can perhaps expect arrange modes, remixed soundtracks etc. I know M2 have since recognised the market for their ShotTriggers on Switch (They say they regret not porting the earlier games now), but I'm willing to bet there'll be a PS4 announcement soon.

Nintendo seems to routinely drop releases on YT just as it did a few days ago with P3D. Obviously more is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Grandia is getting a physical release from LRG.

https://limitedrungames.com/products...eid=764ea6b1aa
    That is so overpriced. These ports are not great. Fans have found the horrible filter is not baked in. So they could put in a patch to let people turn it off.

I'm still a hopeless sucker and got it anyway just because I need Grandia on a modern system. Love those games so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    That is so overpriced. These ports are not great. Fans have found the horrible filter is not baked in. So they could put in a patch to let people turn it off.

I'm still a hopeless sucker and got it anyway just because I need Grandia on a modern system. Love those games so much.
    Yeah, I feel the same way... but I need Grandia back in my life. I never finished the first one!

I have the 1st on the PlayStation and earlier this week, I ordered a fan made copy of the Saturn game with an english patch. I'm fine with the DC version of Grandia 2, which isn't glitchy like the PS2 version that the Switch version is probably based on.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Yeah I have them on PS1/Saturn and DC but the Switch version of II is based on the PC version from a couple of years ago.

I'm pretty sure they didn't make a version of Grandia 2, just for the PC. It had to be a port from the original versions, just like RE4 was a PS2 port for the PS3.

Well, it was on PC back then as well. Prob just is easier to go look in the Grandia thread. I doubt they would base it off the PS2 as I don't recall people having those issues on Switch. I'll take it back if you can find evidence they based it on PS2 tho.

Edit on a quick search and can take it for what it is tho they been shady on claims before. That is granted. Going by this. The PC anniversary is based on the DC source code with some enhancements. So if true then you can trace the Switch port back to the DC. I guess my only real concern is how well it translated over as it can still have issues of course. If they did a sloppy job or just didn't translate well to Switch hardware. I don't know myself not played it on the system yet.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09...ii-hd-remaster
    Last edited by Leynos; 08-09-2020 at 11:41 PM.

That's good then. The PS2 version of Grandia 2 had some glaring issues.

Yeah, the PS2 version was a rushed port, like most early PS2 titles. The DC versions were always superior. Just look at DoA 2, RE: Code Veronica, etc.

Coders, never base your port off another port. /facepalm

Thread Information