Quantcast

Thread: Interview: Justin Siller (Aero the Acrobat series)

Kiwi Interview: Justin Siller (Aero the Acrobat series)

Justin Siller was a designer at the center of the Aero the Acrobat series, helping to bring all three games to life and find success outside the shadow of one very famous hedgehog. He also served as producer for the fan-favorite Earthworm Jim: Special Edition on the Sega CD. We recently chatted with him about his work, so read on an enjoy!

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

It's funny because the Genesis version of Zero was actually superior in a lot of ways.

Good games and a really informative interview!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Did he also work on Pirates of Dark Water? Or was that his father, David Siller?

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Did he also work on Pirates of Dark Water? Or was that his father, David Siller?
    Both, actually; one as Executive Producer, the other as "associated Producer" (provided you meant the SNES game, neither of them worked on the Genesis version, which is an entirely different game).
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

I guess it's just David Siller then, because he's in the credits for the Mega Drive game as well. Also, "dsiller" is (I think) a special password in the game.

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

The first game did seem to be moderately popular. It's odd that Zero is so rare, and the sequel as well (to a slightly lesser extent)... what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by -RT View Post
    It's funny because the Genesis version of Zero was actually superior in a lot of ways.
    How so?

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    How so?
    Well, for one, all the music seems to be in all the wrong places. Also, a lot, and I mean A LOT of minor HUD animations was cut from the SNES version.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

The article just sounds like they preferred the SNES audio capabilities, for what they were trying to do. I haven't played Zero but they must have been just going for the SNES orchestra style sound.

Meanwhile the Genesis was known to be better at certain things as a faster console, which could often mean better animations, etc. (so that makes sense that above, someone mentioned that Zero has better animations on Sega).

I'm just realizing that Aero the Acrobat 2 doesn't have a review on the site.

I'm new to this game but it's kind of interesting, it's at least a halfway decent game. I think? The character animations are VERY GOOD.

Controls / gameplay mechanics are like an inferior version of Knuckles the Echidna... but it's still kinda good... It's hard to decide what I think of this game lol.

Thread Information