Quantcast

Thread: Good Places to Buy Empty Genesis cases?

Genesis Good Places to Buy Empty Genesis cases?

I'm sure this has probably been posted about before, but I'd like to know if anyone can recommend any good sites to purchase original Genesis game cases? Like just the boxes? I don't even need the original inserts.

Trade-N-Games has some good prices, but not too much of a selection.

DKOldies has a larger selection, but steeper prices.

Collectors Cards and Games isn't selling boxes right now.

Amazon has these cheapass new ones, but they're pretty crappy quality. I usually switch my sports games to these, and give the original cases to better games.

Any other sites I'm unaware of with some good deals? Lots of empty cases aren't popping up on ebay very regularly anymore.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeah, came in to echo the sentiments on those amazon cases - they're butt! smaller & cheaper than the actual ones, and the plastic film overlay is barely on there at all...avoid at all costs.

thanks for the other links though!

Custom Game Cases I bought a five pack to box my Pier Solar BITS Edition and some other loose games, and wow! Very impressed with the build quality! Side by side with an original box, it's almost an exact match. Very much recommended.
    And with enough funds the creator of these cases is looking to make reproduction Sega CD/ Saturn long boxes and to make an all new Game Gear clamshell. Definitely check them out.

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

Are these any good? Sega Genesis Game Case - Premium High Quality - OEM Standard - Replacement - NEW

I have been eyeing them myself but haven't had the nerve to purchase any. Been purchasing lose ones off eBay when I want a Sega case.

Edit: These look like they have the textured plastic of the originals from the photos in this eBay listing. If anyone gets any of them please post your thoughts in this thread. Also, thank you Chimaera for the Rep.
    Last edited by EyeDeeNo76; 03-30-2016 at 11:25 AM.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

I bought some on eBay a couple weeks ago; a three-pack from China for about $9, to test with my new color laser printer. They have smooth plastic sleeves, not the textured plastic of the originals, but they lock closed properly, and look alright, so they work. They even have the rack-tags on them. So, while they're not perfect, they're still pretty good, and not horribly costly. Too bad you can't easily get replacement Saturn/Sega CD cases, but those were a design nightmare anyway.

Found the item on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221979982411

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    I bought some on eBay a couple weeks ago; a three-pack from China for about $9, to test with my new color laser printer. They have smooth plastic sleeves, not the textured plastic of the originals, but they lock closed properly, and look alright, so they work. They even have the rack-tags on them. So, while they're not perfect, they're still pretty good, and not horribly costly. Too bad you can't easily get replacement Saturn/Sega CD cases, but those were a design nightmare anyway.

Found the item on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221979982411
    Looks promising!

I have a pile of old/duplicate/worthless games that are worth almost nothing that I'll steal from. Normally once I steal the case I trade the remnant to the local store for a couple bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Wait. You're talking case + cover art. Might as well go with eBay.

Wildside Expert

I've bought those cases and it's too tight to take my cartridge in and out......
    Still like original genesis case better
    "My Happy Meal box is empty"
    Play-Asia!!!!

We have those both. Will stop carrying the smooth film ones. Very delicate plastic. They are very cheap but that's what you get for. We have other ones similar to the expensive ones linked from ebay, but we are a big more affordable. They are very good quality; don't know if they are from the same vendor as them though.

Thread Information