Quantcast

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Xenocider for Dreamcast

a.k.a. hombreimaginario Outrunner synapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Just wondered when this might be hitting the UK?
    What do you mean? Not only we have shipped quite a few orders to the UK, but also there's at least one store selling copies there...

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Oh right. Mine hasn't turned up yet, or at least, I haven't seen it yet. I've lodged a question on the RS site about it .

Wildside Expert

Anyone got any tips for Xenocider ? Iím having a hard time with the difficulty and controls, guess Iíve put too many hours into Space Harrier and Panzer Dragoon and canít rewire my brain lol

Wildside Expert

Ok spent some time in practice mode and things are coming together. When things get hectic my instinct is to use the stick to move when I need to use the shoulder buttons so this is going to take time to get my head around, wish Sega had come up with a dual controller for Dreamcast I have a hard time playing 3D games with only 1 stick.
    This game is slick though, Iíve finally beaten the first level Iím hoping after more practice I can begin to progress.

Wildside Expert

Whoa! Once the controls click Xenocider is sooo satisfying.
    I am really starting to enjoy this now and actually feel like I am getting better.

My advice, if the game doesnít jive with you initially stick with it, fun times are around the corner.

So, we worked out that my copy went to my old address! I picked it up, and by mistake there are two copies. Carlos at Retrosumus has been brilliant, and after speaking with him he didn't want me to send it back, and, when asked, was also fine with me offering the second copy up for sale here on Sega 16. My digital copy is downloading as I type.

So many thanks to Carlos and all at Retrosumus, you have all been fantastic.

Please PM me with requests, it's a regular edition, unopened and for the exact same price as on the website.

First come first served!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Unfortunately, I live in the USA. Shipping would be cost prohibitive.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I ordered a copy (standard version) from Play-Asia yesterday.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Pics for vintagegamecrazy and others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cleeg; 05-22-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    My digital copy is downloading as I type.
    There is a digital version of the game available? I got mine about 2 weeks ago but as I mainly use my MODE on my DC I went ahead and imaged mine and put it only me SDcard to check it out. I'd rather it was on my SSD I have installed but that would require pulling everything out and apart to get it onto that. Unless TerraO has updated it to allow copying between formats as I haven't been keeping up with that.

But I was really on the fence about this game at first and then decided to pull the trigger. I'm really glad I did because it has been quite fun to play and it does get more varied with environments and enemy types more than I initially thought so it seems I always noticed something different on each play.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Unfortunately, I live in the USA. Shipping would be cost prohibitive.
    Shipping is free from our store and it's the dev's official website...
    https://retrosumus.com/shop/

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    There is a digital version of the game available? I got mine about 2 weeks ago but as I mainly use my MODE on my DC I went ahead and imaged mine and put it only me SDcard to check it out. I'd rather it was on my SSD I have installed but that would require pulling everything out and apart to get it onto that. Unless TerraO has updated it to allow copying between formats as I haven't been keeping up with that.

But I was really on the fence about this game at first and then decided to pull the trigger. I'm really glad I did because it has been quite fun to play and it does get more varied with environments and enemy types more than I initially thought so it seems I always noticed something different on each play.
    Thank you so much for your support and your comment
    Yes, the game is available in digital https://retrosumus.com/product/xenoc...gital-edition/ and "deluxe digital" edition https://retrosumus.com/product/xenoc...gital-edition/

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    Shipping is free from our store and it's the dev's official website...
    https://retrosumus.com/shop/
    I was referring to Cleegís extra copy that he was selling. He lives on the other side of the pond, as they say.

I ordered a copy from Play-Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I was referring to Cleegís extra copy that he was selling. He lives on the other side of the pond, as they say.

I ordered a copy from Play-Asia.
    Yes, I understand. That's why I mean you might just as well have gone to the source (to our own store), instead of Play Asia (which is even further away, if you're in Texas xD)

Yes, but youíre both overseas.

*Edit*

I was checking my gmail and Iíd gotten a notice that my payment didnít go through, but Iím showing a charge on my account. Iíll order directly from your site, if the charges drop from my account.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-26-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post

I wondered about ripping it, but wasn't sure if I'd get it to work, or if there were security features etc. Also, I felt bad that I'd got an extra copy so wanted to go some way to giving some recompense as well.

Thread Information