Quantcast

Thread: 32X Emulation on the Wii

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Default 32X Emulation on the Wii

I love Genesis Plus GX on the Wii..It does Genesis/Mega Drive/Game Gear/SG-1000 & Sega CD, But not 32X

The only one I know that has 32X support is the Xbox, Is it possible to code 32X for the Wii?

Wii is my favorite console to emulate old consoles! The major advantage is that he does natively the 224/240p resolution like the original hardware.

I'm sure that is possible 32x on the Wii (at least with a bit of frameskip) but looks no one is willing to do

source code: https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX

OFF: Other sad thing is that no one untill now made a NEOGEO emulator that support larger ROMs (Samurai Shodown V, KOF2k, Sengoku 3...). I know that is possible cause untill the unoptimized N64 emulator use the WII NAND to load ROMS larger than the WII RAM. Untill the Nintendo DS and the PSP could load Larger NEOGEO ROMs (with the help of cache files)
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 05-25-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

I'd love to play 32X games through my Wii as well. I have a 32X and Mega EverDrive, but it's such a hassle to set it all up that I'd prefer emulation through Wii.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Why not a MD and 32X and for the SEGA Saturn?
    Oficial MD emulators on the SS don't use 68k software core at least one uses the real 68k on the machine. And most VDP stuff is done by the VDP itself too.
    Since most 32x hw is on the SS why not?

One open source example that used this "technic" was, IIRC, a GB emulator for the MSX2 turbo.

Now to the topic. Yes the WII is more than capable to do a 32x emulator and well optimazed it can run with frame.skip off.
    Last edited by Mekanaizer; 05-26-2016 at 04:42 AM.

I wish there was 32x emulation on Wii. I used to use Wii for emulation but I've since moved back to pc, which has 32x emulators. GerbilSoft said he would port Gens/GS to Wii, but it won't have 32x emulation. Pretty much removing the one thing that would make his emulator significantly different from the Genesis Plus.

Thread Information