Quantcast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picked up this Sega display kiosk today.

Nameless One

Default Picked up this Sega display kiosk today - help me to finish him

can some tell me something about display i find...what TV usually goes with him...also under this cover is broken neon light is it possible to find new one

i pick up video store, with 130 pal sega games in box and 40-50 bootlegs in box
    Last edited by RetroFan; 06-10-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Nameless One

no one see this display before?

Sega CD

You might want to take better pictures of it. It's a bit far away and I myself would like to see the inside of the Kiosk more. Side pictures, rear, and internal close-ups would probably have people be able to answer you more on this thing.

Also it's "Picked up", Not "Pick up".
    05/05/15

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You might want to take better pictures of it. It's a bit far away and I myself would like to see the inside of the Kiosk more. Side pictures, rear, and internal close-ups would probably have people be able to answer you more on this thing.

Also it's "Picked up", Not "Pick up".
    i will made lots of mistakes in writing so be prepare on that before start write here i'm not from USA and don't speak well english

i don't have more pics as i still wait to ship this large display to my adress , i pick up only games, more pics i can send for like 7-10 days
    Last edited by RetroFan; 06-10-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RetroFan View Post
    i will made lots of mistakes in writing so be prepare on that before start write here i'm not from USA and don't speak well english

i don't have more pics as i still wait to ship this large display to my adress , i pick up only games, more pics i can send for like 7-10 days
    No worries on the English corrections. If you have it coming in then by all means I'm sure a lot of us would love to see this in more detail. From the image of the Megadrive I see, It's not something that I think was released in the United States so it's probably an EU only type of kiosk. In what part of the world did this come from?

Repairing or replacing the Neon lights would probably not be a problem. As far the the screen that was originally used for the kiosk, I'm sure it won't take much effort to find which model of television was used. I'm hoping they didn't go cheap on the display and used something with native RGB since that type of image would look pretty sharp for a store display.

P.S. fixed the thread title for you so people know what this is about.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06-10-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    05/05/15

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Looks very cool, I hope you keep a blog of how the restoring will go.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    No worries on the English corrections. If you have it coming in then by all means I'm sure a lot of us would love to see this in more detail. From the image of the Megadrive I see, It's not something that I think was released in the United States so it's probably an EU only type of kiosk. In what part of the world did this come from?

Repairing or replacing the Neon lights would probably not be a problem. As far the the screen that was originally used for the kiosk, I'm sure it won't take much effort to find which model of television was used. I'm hoping they didn't go cheap on the display and used something with native RGB since that type of image would look pretty sharp for a store display.

P.S. fixed the thread title for you so people know what this is about.
    hello

good point

about tv, that is what i'm thinking , what model goes with kiosk, this red tv i will give away to my friend , problem is neon light i don't know color and don't know where to fix or find new same like this, i'm from europe Croatia i will make photos of details when i recieve kiosk , i ask Europe collectors i know guys who have full PAL mega drive set and they never see this version, i hope kiosk will not be damaged in transport because top part of kios is made of some kind of plastic and kiosk is heavy ... plastic glass (you can't see it on picture) i can fix easy here...

Looks like a big restore project.
    Last edited by needler420; 06-11-2016 at 04:55 AM.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I hope you get that fixed up, it'll be great if you do. All the best with your project, please let us know the outcome.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Looks very cool, I hope you keep a blog of how the restoring will go.
    +1, i'd totally read that. good luck man, looks cool!

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    Looks like a big restore project.
    i will try to restore for sure

Nameless One

i think that controller holders is missing he must have some part who fix controllers on display, every kiosk have that, i have ps3 kiosk he have them too...

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Looks so very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RetroFan View Post
    hello good point about tv, that is what i'm thinking , what model goes with kiosk, this red tv i will give away to my friend , problem is neon light i don't know color and don't know where to fix or find new same like this, i'm from europe Croatia i will make photos of details when i recieve kiosk , i ask Europe collectors i know guys who have full PAL mega drive set and they never see this version, i hope kiosk will not be damaged in transport because top part of kios is made of some kind of plastic and kiosk is heavy ... plastic glass (you can't see it on picture) i can fix easy here...
    It kinda looks like this one I found on Sega Retro and states "A grey post-1991 cabinet meant to house both a Mega Drive and Master System"
    Instead of fixing the neon might want to think of using an less expensive LED light strip.
    Last edited by EyeDeeNo76; 06-15-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Nameless One

i will get display in next 2 days , will made more pics

@ EyeDeeNo76 i always try to be much close to original as i can

Thread Information