Quantcast

Thread: Making a Genesis 1 RGB to RCA adapter

Default Making a Genesis 1 RGB to RCA adapter

I picked up a couple U shape DIN connectors and I've been trying to make an RGB adapter for my model 1 Genesis and my Sony PVM. I'm using BNC to RCA jacks on the PVM.

I've already tried tying the RGB and sync lines to their own respective RCA jacks and tying all the grounds to the ground pin coming from the console's AV jack. This doesn't work. I've found some wiring diagrams for SCART cables that have 75ohm resistors and 220uf caps in series with the RGB lines, but I'm not positive I need them here.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something with the +5V pin?

Done with Sega-16 (sorta) Master of Shinobi

You need the caps and resistors on the outputs (except for sync) regardless of what connectors you use. Also 5V is completely unnecessary for a PVM so you don't need to mess with that.

So I wired up a little prototype board, putting a 75ohm resistor and 220uf cap in series with the R, G and B lines. Sync is coming straight from pin 1.

It's not working, and I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with sync. I'm not getting sync from pin 1, nor am I getting sync from the composite video pin. I tried it with both my S-Video modded Genesis 1 and a spare stock Genesis 1 I have with the same results.

I'm stumped at the moment.

Nevermind, I got it working. All I had to do was add a cap and resistor to the sync from pin 1.

Thanks

Thread Information