Quantcast

Thread: GoldenEye: Source 5.0

Hero of Algol

Pc GoldenEye: Source 5.0

GoldenEye: Source is an online multiplayer arena first-person shooter that aims to provide a faithful recreation of the classic N64 title GoldenEye 007ís multiplayer with refined gameplay, high definition graphics and sound. Over 10 years in the making, GE:S has had many talented developers working to bring you quality content at no cost to you. 25 maps, 10 gamemodes, and all 28 weapons from the original await you in this faithful recreation of GoldenEye on the Source engine. With its own unique mix of retro and modern style, GoldenEye: Source aims to appeal to fans of the original as well as anyone looking for an enjoyable multiplayer Free For All shooter.
    https://www.geshl2.com/

Cool.

I'm down to do a S16 GoldenEye shootout if people are willing.

This just makes me wonder if some of our resident N64 Fanboys would be willing to try this.
    05/05/15

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Neat! downloading right now.

Has anyone played it yet? does it have all the Bonds? and maybe a fixed Oddjob with correct taller height?
    (speculations leads to believe his model was actually originally supposed to be Nick Nack but had the face changed to Oddjob)

Haven't tried it yet here.

Road Rasher

GES is really good as long as the community is better than it was back when I last played it (guess it's been a few years). Back then there were only a couple active servers, and the community wasn't growing because the most active one was controlled by team stackers that did nothing but spawn camp new players.

Its interesting to see GE:S make news again, although its nothing "new". I enjoyed playing the betas and eventually when the first full release was out as well. The issue was that the activity around it didn't last as long as I would have hoped and finding more than a handful of servers, if that, on any given day was disappointing. Here's the hoping it the online community is more robust this time around.
    He glanced over at the head on a stake 'A Hunnic trophy, I think the man was a Visigoth He died at the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields I keep it here so that I may see it every day and remember' 'Remember what, Father?' I asked him

The scent of a burning village The sound of butchery The way peasants would flee before the Hun riders The way we would ride them down The way it felt to conquer alongside Attila and the Huns

He leaned so close I could feel his breath 'Sometimes... I miss it'

Synth music girl Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Speedy's Avatar

I remember trying the betas for this out a few years ago and thought it was alright, nothing special. I might round up some friends and try this new version out to see how it is, though the trailer is making me think it's just gonna be a re-skinned Half-Life 2 Deathmatch.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I played this a bit today, can't say I was very impressed.

I mean.. it looks nice but there's a lot of stuff that really makes this seem like a 1999 shooter instead of a nifty 2016 remake.
    Stuff like floating weapons instead of having proper hand animation, whats the point in making a remake if it doesn't have those tiny details?
    and stuff like the sniper rifle not properly zooming in like in the original game (which I always thought was a hella cool thing to see)

And then those low poly character models, Half-Life 1 much? and James Bond doesn't even look like Pierce Brosnan,
    nor do they have the other Bonds playable. (or even added new henchmen like Nick Nack/Scaramanga/Tee Hee/Dr No)

Very bare bones mod imo, and that for a mod supposedly 10 years in the making?

Thread Information