Quantcast

Thread: How do you meditate?

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Default How do you meditate?

I have found some funny and strange ways these days.

https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1UQSLuSqyQ
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

That site by Mark Manson has some cool articles, thanks for sharing.
    Will bookmark some of them for later reasing.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Focus on a dot in the middle of your field of vision, look as if it is far away, try to make it appear, eventually you can learn to visualize and move energy

try to see your own body in the third person, "hold" your consciousness on the chakras below your feet where you ground yourself to the planet, and simultaneously open up the chakra above your head to collect prana from the universe, merge your conciousness with the whole... bring the energy to your middle and fill your whole body... Focus all of that energy outside of your body, if you can get your body to fall asleep while maintaining consciousness in meditation, you can astral project, or go out of body.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlecRob View Post
    Focus on a dot in the middle of your field of vision, look as if it is far away, try to make it appear, eventually you can learn to visualize and move energy

try to see your own body in the third person, "hold" your consciousness on the chakras below your feet where you ground yourself to the planet, and simultaneously open up the chakra above your head to collect prana from the universe, merge your conciousness with the whole... bring the energy to your middle and fill your whole body... Focus all of that energy outside of your body, if you can get your body to fall asleep while maintaining consciousness in meditation, you can astral project, or go out of body.
    Is it possible to focus your chakra on Skype access?

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Breath practice, watching and feeling the breath for a few minutes, the mind and emotions settle down, and can make possible deeper insights. (Zen meditation i.e. "zazen.")

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Experience prolonged clinical death and severe depression, and you will gain the ability of perfect objective introspection, with the bonus ability to stare into infinity long enough to shut your visual cortex off and go blind until you move your eyes or blink.

This is not recommended, as suicide often follows.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One BiggestCowardAlive's Avatar

meditation is just deep thought, just sitting alone thinking to yourself is meditation. sure people out there have developed methods on it. that help. I've tried many different ways. I find static meditation works best for me, I just listen to some really loud music (really loudly) that I'm very familiar with (often times video game music) and it gets me in the "zone". each person has their own special method that works perfect for them. like my exwife does yoga and it allows her to get in her "zone" sometimes I find pulling weeds out of a garden does it for me too. you don't even have to believe in all that chakra nonsense. sure you can if you want, and that might help. but it's not required.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Interesting! I actually practice "Mindful Meditation".
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One BiggestCowardAlive's Avatar

I'm sorry, I was mistaken, well really not mistaken, you see, I often confuse my words, I'll say I'm full when I'm starving or starving when I'm full. I usually catch it. though.

static meditation is the opposite of what I do. or pretty much the only way I don't meditate. static meditation requires you to be sitting. pulling weeds from a garden isn't sitting at all. neither is yoga.

although most my meditation is dynamic, as the constant same movements of pulling weeds is a repetitive movement that doesn't require thought once you know how to handle the weeds. I can also do loud music meditation (what I call it) doing anything, I usually find it most beneficial when I'm trying to find a way to communicate something that's at the moment seems beyond the grasp of my vocabulary.

give me a glass of good wine, some nice music and bang
    I meditate

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

I don't meditate but I started having trouble sleeping a few years ago. I used to be able to fall asleep in minutes and sleep deeply but no more. I have found sleep hypnosis videos that work for me:

Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

Thread Information