Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mega/Sega CD console prices

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I have no idea WTF just happened in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    dribble
    Jesus Christ.

You said it "never happened". Look at my user name and then look at the ebay user name. Holy shit! They match!

Nice story about your comics I guess.
    Thank you for donating to the Sega 16 bit manuals!

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I have no idea WTF just happened in this thread.
    Old mate, calls me out saying what I sold my console for "didn't happen". I take offence (as I am not a liar) & provide screenshot proof (which I took at the time of sale to show a mate on facebook). Apparently that isn't good enough for him either.

Stuffs me why he has decided to take a pot shot at me for, I only found out as I got an email notification to this thread.

My initial statement was merely an example of what these consoles can go for and thinking "is this how things will go now?".
    Thank you for donating to the Sega 16 bit manuals!

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omp View Post
    Old mate, calls me out saying what I sold my console for "didn't happen". I take offence (as I am not a liar) & provide screenshot proof (which I took at the time of sale to show a mate on facebook). Apparently that isn't good enough for him either.

Stuffs me why he has decided to take a pot shot at me for, I only found out as I got an email notification to this thread.

My initial statement was merely an example of what these consoles can go for and thinking "is this how things will go now?".
    He wasn't doubting that you sold your console for $600, if you look at the quote he highlighted, he doubted that one seller could raise the asking price of their item, and everyone else would follow suit. Chill out, no one is out to get you.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omp View Post

jesus christ, talk about getting worked up on nothing. Good luck in the rest of your life if you're this sensitive. I don't care for how much money you sold your console, that doesn't prove at all that ebayers make price-deals and up the bin prices and buyers following them and buying them at "inflated" prices, but please by all means present me some proof.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

My WTF was more how this thread got so angry in just a couple posts.

Personally I think some people are inherently greedy when it comes to selling on ebay. When looking at the high and low end of prices, everyone would rather get more for their items so when they do they price it up a bit. Once everyone starts doing that the baseline starts to move and prices go up.

Oh, and anyone who thinks auction end prices are not impacted by current BIN prices is missing the subconscious trickery that goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Oh, and anyone who thinks auction end prices are not impacted by current BIN prices is missing the subconscious trickery that goes on.
    this, this this
    and the discrepancy between open auctions & BIN's can be huge sometimes, it's so odd seeing that but then they both scale up (Elevator Action Returns a few years ago was insane)

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    this, this this
    and the discrepancy between open auctions & BIN's can be huge sometimes, it's so odd seeing that but then they both scale up (Elevator Action Returns a few years ago was insane)
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Sega-Mega-CD-...cAAOSwaB5Xod6e

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Shining-Force...AAAOSwImRYI7xy

even if true these links above very much apply it works the other way around too. people on open auctions bidding higher than at fixed bin prices.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The asking price for PAL Model 1 and 2 Mega CD consoles has definitely shot up on Ebay over the last year or two, as has the price of Mega CD games in general. 100+ for a good condition copy of The Terminator? Who saw that coming? I'm happy about it in one sense as I have two Model 1 (the best design aesthetically by far) Mega CD consoles and a decent collection of Mega CD titles, but on the other hand it means that I'll have to sell one of my kidneys to raise the cash needed to one day buy a copy of Snatcher...(sobs)

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeah, Terminator is a perfect example of a game i slept on forever, then heard good things about & waited too long. same with Road Avenger/Time Gal.

looking back, catching Robo Aleste for $40 felt high 2 years back, but shit was a steal.

I'd suspect the rise in prices probably comes from there being less working units out there now combined with a spike in interest. Most people that have a working unit now probably want to hold on to it, especially the model 1s, CDXs, and x'eyes. Personally, I don't expect to see those units (in working order) go for under $100 again. When it comes to the games, I think Sonic CD is the only SCD game that you could say there are a million copies of out there. I'm sure most of the best games on the system suffer from really low print runs, and finding them CIB in decent condition can be a hassle that spikes the prices up.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterhouse5 View Post
    I'd suspect the rise in prices probably comes from there being less working units out there now combined with a spike in interest. Most people that have a working unit now probably want to hold on to it, especially the model 1s, CDXs, and x'eyes. Personally, I don't expect to see those units (in working order) go for under $100 again. When it comes to the games, I think Sonic CD is the only SCD game that you could say there are a million copies of out there. I'm sure most of the best games on the system suffer from really low print runs, and finding them CIB in decent condition can be a hassle that spikes the prices up.
    2 or 3 years ago I would see stacks of complete Sega CD games selling for under $10. Now I don't see but a few busted up copies here and there. Sellers and collectors are snatching them up.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I'd say there are a million copies of Sewer Shark out there, unless you are only counting complete copies.

Speaking of Robo Aleste, there's a store here that has three complete copies lined up together priced at $120 a piece. I asked the owner about it; he said he'd give me one of them for $115. I left.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    I'd say there are a million copies of Sewer Shark out there, unless you are only counting complete copies.

Speaking of Robo Aleste, there's a store here that has three complete copies lined up together priced at $120 a piece. I asked the owner about it; he said he'd give me one of them for $115. I left.
    ...to go to the ATM because that's a pretty good deal nowadays for a complete copy?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Eh, it's just a low-end eBay price, even more so after you tack on the ~10 bucks in tax. I don't think it's anything to try to snag right away especially considering he's showing everyone he has at least three copies.

Thread Information