Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laseractive games and the PC Engine/TG16 PAC

Default WTB Laseractive games, movies, and the PC Engine/TG16 PAC

Hello everybody, Out of a tempted one bid on Ebay, I got myself a Laseractive with the Sega PAC for a good price. Now I am looking for any affordable game and the PCE/TG16 PAC as well. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by asmikace; 11-08-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

You're going to love your laseractive. The NEC pack is how I play all my PC engine games, and I gotta say it's just so damned convenient. When I was first getting into turbo graphix/PC engine trying to read about all the crazy different console models etc made my head hurt. The NEC pack is fantasic as it's an all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    You're going to love your laseractive. The NEC pack is how I play all my PC engine games, and I gotta say it's just so damned convenient. When I was first getting into turbo graphix/PC engine trying to read about all the crazy different console models etc made my head hurt. The NEC pack is fantasic as it's an all in one.
    I am hoping to get one along with the JB Harold Laserdisc that needs the NEC PAC to play it. I am hoping to get the pack for around $300 but with since Laseractive stuff is hard to find, its going to be tough.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asmikace View Post
    I am hoping to get one along with the JB Harold Laserdisc that needs the NEC PAC to play it. I am hoping to get the pack for around $300 but with since Laseractive stuff is hard to find, its going to be tough.
    I just bought that J.B. Harold: Manhattan Requiem LD-ROMē myself. Went for the Japanese version (found it cheaper). Should be arriving soon.
    I'm hearing that that game has a language option in it so it doesn't matter which version you get. Hopefully that is indeed the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    I just bought that J.B. Harold: Manhattan Requiem LD-ROMē myself. Went for the Japanese version (found it cheaper). Should be arriving soon.
    I'm hearing that that game has a language option in it so it doesn't matter which version you get. Hopefully that is indeed the case.
    Yup, that's the case. I think Goku and Don Quixote are the only games where the region matters and you can't switch languages.

I've got some extra Mega-LDs and LD-ROMROMs myself I need to sell, nothing amazing though. My advice to the OP is to get the PCE PAC as it's much easier to find than the TG16 one (and CD/LD games are region free anyway), and if you have not yet make sure to get the capacitors in your PAC replaced if it has not had it done yet. These things are notorious for having issues and killing themselves if not taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

You been reading the megadrive PAC reviews over on segadoes.com? What an.... interesting.... platform, hahah!

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Yup, that's the case. I think Goku and Don Quixote are the only games where the region matters and you can't switch languages.

I've got some extra Mega-LDs and LD-ROMROMs myself I need to sell, nothing amazing though. My advice to the OP is to get the PCE PAC as it's much easier to find than the TG16 one (and CD/LD games are region free anyway), and if you have not yet make sure to get the capacitors in your PAC replaced if it has not had it done yet. These things are notorious for having issues and killing themselves if not taken care of.
    I ordered replacement caps for the PAC so its going to be a project before I can play Sega games on it and the PCE PAC is the one I want do the the cheapness and that I can still use my everdrive on it.

I love the LaserActive as a daily setup honestly. It takes up a lot less space than a SegaCD and Duo combined when it's in my entertainment center. I just need to finish the RGB mod on mine so I can have full 32X compatibility as well.
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Don't mean to derail, but I got 2 modded Sega PACs from a member here a long time ago one of the best investments I've ever made. They are 2-in-1 Sega Pacs with both bios (Genesis\MD\CD\MCD). Switch located between the 2 gameports, it looks stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Segaedge View Post
    Don't mean to derail, but I got 2 modded Sega PACs from a member here a long time ago one of the best investments I've ever made.
    From this guy? http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member.php?8205-ooXxXoo
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Yes indeed.

I thought so.

I wonder whatever happened to him? Last I heard he was going through some serious health issues. But that was a good few years already.

Waiting for one game to show tomorrow I hope and some movies including Commando, I got to have me some 80s films this system. Still looking for a PC Engine PAC for a reasonable price but I don't want to pay over $300 especially if I have to replace those capacitors. Also would like some movies for reasonable price as well.

The PCE PACs are still about $250 even in Japan but deals do show up occasionally. I've also got a ton of LDs I'm getting rid of but a lot of them are weirder older films, not much demand.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    The PCE PACs are still about $250 even in Japan but deals do show up occasionally. I've also got a ton of LDs I'm getting rid of but a lot of them are weirder older films, not much demand.
    As long its cheap and fun movies, I might be down for them.

Thread Information