Quantcast

Thread: Any Japanese/European Mega CD exclusives to own for English Speakers?

Default Any Japanese/European Mega CD exclusives to own for English Speakers?

Hey everybody. I just got done playing my copy of Earnest Evans for the Mega CD using the right Bios on my Everdrive and I was wondering if there is any Japanese or European Mega CD games that is worth owning and playing.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training supersega's Avatar

Certainly no RPGs, those'd be impossible. Devastator and Keio Flying Squadron come to mind though, but also check out Switch! if you're in the mood for a plain weird game. It was released in the US, but the US version costs about three times more than the Japanese one. Plus the Japanese one doesn't have the censorship the US one has....

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post
    check out Switch! if you're in the mood for a plain weird game. It was released in the US, but the US version costs about three times more than the Japanese one. Plus the Japanese one doesn't have the censorship the US one has....
    Oh really? What's censored in Panic?

The only two Mega CD games I've played much are Earnest Evans (which I liked) and Anet Futatabi (which I hated). I think this list might help the OP:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-CD-exclusives

I wish the Mega CD translation scene would get going. There are so many intriguing RPGs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training supersega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Oh really? What's censored in Panic?

The only two Mega CD games I've played much are Earnest Evans (which I liked) and Anet Futatabi (which I hated). I think this list might help the OP:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-CD-exclusives

I wish the Mega CD translation scene would get going. There are so many intriguing RPGs.
    Pretty sure its some.... 8008135, and a few events with naked men. Haven't owned both, so this is all word-of-mouth from friends.

BTW, also Stage 2B was removed (cigarette machine)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

Devastator would be my recommendation. I only discovered it a few years ago, and while it has some typical Wolf Team issues, it also has Wolf Team designs ..so I love it. Devastator is an action platform game with a little bit of exploration and some horizontal shoot-em-up levels. I'm surprised the game doesn't get mentioned more.

Since the US Robo Aleste has quintupled in price over the last few years, you might look at Dennin Aleste: Nobunaga and his Ninja Force, besides the better price, you'll also get a great full-color manual.

Urusei Yatsura Dear My Friends is a really neat adventure comic from Game Arts which I had fun trying to figure out, but without language comprehension I was just fumbling around ultimately.

If you happen to have the XE-1 AP controller; After Burner III, Night Striker, and Star Blade support analog control. Reportedly the US version of After Burner III ditched analog support in favor of supporting the 6-button pad.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Ninja Warriors is also a really solid port, I like it a lot.

Popful Mail is a lot easier on the MegaCD, but you miss out on the awesome WD translation.

Also, Devastator is kind of a shooter and playable without English for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

The Sengoku Denshou port is nice and worth owning for Mega CD if you like your beat 'em ups.

And seconding The Ninjawarriors suggestion, it's a nice feature to have the choice of original or arrange soundtrack on the disc.
    Last edited by OverDrone; 12-16-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Thread Information