Quantcast

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is now gold on all consoles - Releases April 18th.

Talking Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is now gold on all consoles - Releases April 18th.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is now gold on all consoles!

 Switch
     PS4
     Xbox One

See you April 18th!
    https://twitter.com/lizardcube/statu...28452865150977

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

<~~~Will wait for physical release.

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    <~~~Will wait for physical release.

Try telling Omar Cornut that same thing on his twitter feed. Go ahead tough guy.

https://twitter.com/ocornut/status/849719856488488961

I find his apathy disturbing. Way to shit on fans.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

If they release a physical copy, I'll be interested.

Seriously, WTF! He would rather shame us for wanting a physical copy than accept the possibility of failure?

It's fucking disgusting.

I find his apathy disturbing. Way to shit on fans.
    Omar is not shitting on fans. Its more like you shitting on Omar. He is not required to appease everyone. We are all fortunate enough to even have this remake/remastering in any form. Look dude, I prefer physical editions just like anyone else. But the truth is I'm not going to behave like an entitled snowflake because I can't get physical copy. It would be nice to have, but its not a deal breaker for me at any stretch. If you didn't help contribute to the project, you have absolutely no say in demanding a physical copy. The best you can to is appeal to Lizard Cube Games and Dotemu in a professional and tactful way like a petition or suggest a social network Facebook / Twitter poll to gauge interest in a physical copy like they did with Monster Boy... https://www.facebook.com/monsterboyg...643649/?type=3. With the current climate of entitlement minded people, it would not surprise me is Omar actually received threats.

Kicking your feet and crying for a physical copy is futile.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I'm suddenly reminded of that Phil Fish dude.

Instead of reading the signs and accept that there is a market out there beyond digital, he shames those of us who want a physical copy?

The game hasn't even been released yet, and he's already pointing fingers and blaming those who voice-out their desire for a physical copy for the possibility of the game not getting "immediate success" at launch?

Nah, that's just fucking shitty.

P.S.> Nobody is "demanding" anything. And anyone who is, is a fucking retard. It is his right to do whatever he wants with his product. Just as it is my right as a consumer not to buy anything in digital format.

P.S.S.> Take it down a notch Lan Di, you and I are cool. There is no reason to disrespect me. I didn't disrespect you.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I'm suddenly reminded of that Phil Fish dude.

Instead of reading the signs and accept that there is a market out there beyond digital, he shames those of us who want a physical copy?

The game hasn't even been released yet, and he's already pointing fingers and blaming those who voice-out their desire for a physical copy for the possibility of the game not getting "immediate success" at launch?

Nah, that's just fucking shitty.

P.S.> Nobody is "demanding" anything. And anyone who is, is a fucking retard. It is his right to do whatever he wants with his product. Just as it is my right as a consumer not to buy anything in digital format.

P.S.S.> Take it down a notch Lan Di, you and I are cool. There is no reason to disrespect me. I didn't disrespect you.

I'm just suggesting that you be constructive in your desire for a physical copy. I agree, my words were harsh and I do apologize. Again, Lizardcube/DotEmu is not obligated to release a physical copy. It would be damn nice if they would. I'd buy a physical copy in a split second. But a physical release seems very unlikely. But who knows, eventually it may actually happen.

It's cool. We all have our moments.

I'm sure there are folks who have "demanded" a physical copy. You can rest assured I am not one of them. All I said was that I "will wait for a physical release". It is a choice. Not a demand. He can release all kinds of nostalgia candy, and I hope he's successful; but there are still those of us who just don't like the prospect of not owning a physical copy of the game one pays for. Me? I made that choice decades ago.

I understand that there is pressure and that he's riding on this game for his "immediate success". But that's no reason to disrespect the choices of some of his fans.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Lan Di View Post
    If you didn't help contribute to the project, you have absolutely no say in demanding a physical copy.
    I miss the days when the normal thing was buying the damn game after it's actually been finished

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Dev says game has "gone gold", but game is digital-only.

Before anyone gets upset at me, I'm just having a giggle.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

^Lol. I had that exact same reaction. It's like saying, "soon to be available on Steam and iPhones near you".

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

I'd be surprised if a company like Limited Run wasn't interested in this.

Folks like myself are expressing interest in the product. We want something tangible that isn't a long term rental at best. Demand is a good thing. Apathy should worry him instead.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Admittedly, myself, I'd feel more comfortable with having a physical copy myself. Even if it costs $20AUD extra.

Buying it digitally, unless it's way cheap, feels very insecure for some reason.

Thread Information