Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [DEMO] Resident Evil 1 for Sega Mega Drive

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Golden Axe looks desaturated in the arcade anyway, and the MD port looked fine considering it came out the same year,1989. By the time 1994 rolled by I think devs were expected to have got a handle on working with the limited palette, especially a triple A dev like Konami.

I would say Bloodlines looks gaudy rather than vibrant in a lot of instances. Let's face it, the Munitions Factory looks awful.

It's just a strange example to use IMO.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    Golden Axe looks desaturated in the arcade anyway
    Yes, but, it's CONSTANTLY praised for "good graphics". I really can't get over it..
    And there's a diference between "correct colours" and "rich, snes-like, colours"

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Ooh, I like those.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Ooh, I like those.
    Me too! They`ve done an excellent job improving the level of detail of the sprites and background. From what I`ve read, the people behind this homebrew are hoping to create a port of this game with Capcom's blessings. If they do not obtain approval from Capcom, they intend to create a brand new horror game with a whole new script (apparently the script is already written).

It also appears that they intend to release a physical copy of this game (they are looking into the issue of cartridges, boxes and printing). Apparently the first demo was downloaded by almost 15 thousand people!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Me too! They`ve done an excellent job improving the level of detail of the sprites and background. From what I`ve read, the people behind this homebrew are hoping to create a port of this game with Capcom's blessings. If they do not obtain approval from Capcom, they intend to create a brand new horror game with a whole new script (apparently the script is already written).

It also appears that they intend to release a physical copy of this game (they are looking into the issue of cartridges, boxes and printing). Apparently the first demo was downloaded by almost 15 thousand people!
    Not a hope in hell of getting blessing from Capcom! They need to start implementing that new script.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Megadrive

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Not a hope in hell of getting blessing from Capcom! They need to start implementing that new script.
    The developer just stated that they plan to launch a crowdfunding campaign on February 19th (possibly Indigogo? I'm not sure that backer funds are protected under that platform.)! Let's see what happens.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    The developer just stated that they plan to launch a crowdfunding campaign on February 19th (possibly Indigogo? I'm not sure that backer funds are protected under that platform.)! Let's see what happens.
    No it's not secure at all. Approach with caution
    Last edited by matteus; 02-13-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Hero of Algol

That cease and desist letter will come faster than an overclocked 68030.

I think it would be a good idea to move away from the Resident Evil name at this point. There's nothing wrong with making a game that's inspired by another game, Resident Evil itself seems to have been inspired by Alone in the Dark anyway, and I think gamers would appreciate a good game regardless of the name it has.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to move away from the Resident Evil name at this point. There's nothing wrong with making a game that's inspired by another game, Resident Evil itself seems to have been inspired by Alone in the Dark anyway, and I think gamers would appreciate a good game regardless of the name it has.
    Yeah, this sounds like the best approach, they could even say it is inspired by Resident Evil and still be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Yeah, this sounds like the best approach, they could even say it is inspired by Resident Evil and still be fine.
    They could easily move away from the name with the current art style. They should just halt the RE1 stuff and focus on their own storyline. I guess at present it works as a good way to spark interest though!

Would still like to see a proper tech demo of RE1 with rendered backgrounds and exported 3D models to sprites . If I had the foggiest how to extract 3d models and render to sprites I'd do it myself!

I guess I'll need to face the monster which is 3D rendering at some point...

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeah, damn...i liked a lot of what i saw in those latest videos, hope they don't get this taken down

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

This is looking pretty ace.

Thread Information