Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prayers for Melf and Puerto Rico

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Great to hear that he is okay shape. Water being restored is a good first step, that way they don't have to rely on bottled water. Hopefully power is able to be restored soon. I heard from one source that it could take a month or more, but I don't really know.

I just hope that the island and its people is able to make a recovery as soon as possible. This was a pretty crazy month for hurricanes and America's disaster relief is probably pretty overwhelmed at this point.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!

I have power and Internet at work but not at home (only water). Everyone's fine and no damage to the house, thankfully. I've been doing a lot of cleaning at the universities I work at during the day, but we're finally decent, so I can go online from my office. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Assault9 View Post
    Let's help Melf get back on his feet with some donations to the website. Anybody else in?
    Thanks, man! This actually helped a lot, since I haven't gotten paid due to the university systems being down. My faculty contract was being written the week of the storm and never got officialized, so they're basically giving me advances on my salary now. I was able to use PayPal to pay at Home Depot for a machete, some batteries, and other supplies, so this was VERY helpful after I was able to check my email last week and saw the donation. Much obliged, my friend!

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Thank God Melf is ok

Kool Kitty left again

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!

I have power and Internet at work but not at home (only water). Everyone's fine and no damage to the house, thankfully. I've been doing a lot of cleaning at the universities I work at during the day, but we're finally decent, so I can go online from my office. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

That's fantastic news! Glad everything is coming together.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Glad to see everything is good with you and your family. Hopefully the next hurricane season is slower, but at this rate, not putting my chips on it. But we're almost through this one, and I dodged a Nate bullet, though Nate was far, far weaker, and he turned away from my area. It was originally targeted to hit my area bullseye, but things changed, and it moved fast enough not to be a major issue (the original forecast was south central Louisiana, that changed the next day). Had it been a slower mover, and stayed over the Gulf a few days, it would've blown up into more than a 90 MPH Cat 1 storm.

Louisiana has been lucky, Gustav weakened considerably in 09 I believe, and Rita stayed far enough west, but was still scary as a Cat 3, and Lilli in 02 was a 150 MPH monster till she got close to our coastline, then she sort of went poof, down to cat 1 and through quickly enough. I do hate the intense heat these things leave behind though, considering that power is out.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

All the best, Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I'm late to the party but I'm glad to hear you're all right, Ken.

Thread Information