Quantcast

Thread: Working VA2.3 Model II Sega Genesis /w CXA1145M Encoder

Genesis Working VA2.3 Model II Sega Genesis /w CXA1145M Encoder

SOLD!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eep386; 10-04-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Sounds like a nice unit, good luck with the sale!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hi!

I could be interested. I have a genesis 3 but I need a genesis 1 or 2 to play some 32x games. I know the genesis 2 is a bit infamous for being not as great as the genesis 1 but it seems you made some solid modification. Truth to be told I don't fully understand how better your genesis is now but nevertheless I could buy it from you.

A few things you should know or that I should know:

-I live in France so the shipping would be international one
    -I am very fine for the price and could add a few bucks for some loose genesis games (or 32x unit and games). For the shipping, we will see in due time.
    -I am positive I can find some EU PSU to power the genesis so need to add the original one but can I still plug my rgb scart cable?I am using one for my genesis 3 for a great picture. Does your modification prevent the Euro rgb cable to be used?
    -Actually does your modificaiton prevent from being used with a 32x?

Best,

Hello gamer888!

I don't know if the system will work as-is in PAL/SECAM; I know the language jumpers would have to be set at the very least for PAL/SECAM games. But if you have the capability to play games in NTSC mode then this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Tiido and Ace should know what to do and what to change to convert it into a PAL/SECAM Mega Drive if necessary. If your SCART cable fits the Genesis 3, it should fit the Genesis 2 as they're using the same plug and pinout (and since your SCART cable is deriving from RGB it should look pretty much the same as your Genesis 3 does).

I did not test this system with a 32X or Sega CD so I do not know how the sound modifications will affect those systems; however, I do not foresee them causing any problems. Most of the work done on this system is mainly repair work, along with replacing the original Samsung encoder with a much better CXA1145M (although this is moot if you're going to use a 32X with it anyway, as the 32X's very good video encoder will be used in the end) and adjusting the low-pass filtering to remove most of the heavy muffling that is endemic to Model 2's in general. It's practically a 'stock' VA2.3 Model II NTSC USA Genesis, just with less muffled sound and better video, and no broken parts.

As for shipping, international shipping is a bit expensive. Cheapest rate applicable is first-class international (2lb 8oz / 1.134 kg boxed, so it's OK for that service) for $34.50 USD, so the total will be $50.90 USD going that way. Priority mail costs a bit more at $43.95 but comes with insurance (a very good thing when shipping overseas). At $60.35 shipped though it's pretty spendy. Both methods will have a tracking number.

On my TV I could play almost all JAP or US system without lags or anything like this. Neogeo, famicom, jap megadrive, genesis, US jaguar..you name it. So I don't worry about the display

For the shipping, I can go for the second option at 43.95. I am writing as "yeah let's buy it" but I need to wait a few things. I am in the process of sending my mark III with a bunch of games. So I would rather wait for everything clear on this one.
    BUt something like 80$ for your genesis + shipping is doable. In Europe, I have an hard time finding a genesis (this is why I took a genesis 3, it was my cheapest option.

What about loose games you might have???

Hello again,

At the moment I have Sonic 1, Jurassic Park and Daffy Duck in Hollywood as loose cartridges. I also have an extra boxed copy (no manual) of Flashback.

I will be all set for now...I have already have sonic 1...maybe I could get jurassic park. I have flashback 3do already )) By the way, would you sell the system aith A/V cable?I have my rgb cable but just in case.
    From experience, can the genesis 3 PSU be used on the genesis 2?

Hello again,

I believe that depends on the PSU itself. If it outputs DC10V with 0.85 ampere, it should be okay. The Genesis 3 can use the Genesis 2's power supply without problems, however.

I unfortunately do not have any spare A/V cables, sorry.

I am actually using a French plug I have ordered....DC9v for 1000mA

That should be sufficient. The Genesis 3 and 2 both use the same plugs.

I can commit to but it now for I need to wait a few transactions on my side before. So don't put on hold or anything. I will definitly keep an eye on it. I think by monday a week from now I should all set (I am selling some games..some games are getting late in my mail box including a Castlevania Bloodlines which gets me worried).

Cool, no worries.

PM sent.

Thread Information