Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Nintendo equivalent of Sega-16?

  1. #31
    Wildside Expert Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    In 2012 I created SNES Hub for Super NES reviews, articles and a discussion forum. I was inspired by this site, Sega-16. Unfortunately, it never got the support it needed. In terms of reviews, it's a very good site though. For those of you that did reviews for Genesis games here, if you have an interest in doing reviews for SNES games, SNES Hub could use you. I know some of you play Super NES games.

    I still would like to have at least one review for every SNES game.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    In 2012 I created SNES Hub for Super NES reviews, articles and a discussion forum. I was inspired by this site, Sega-16. Unfortunately, it never got the support it needed. In terms of reviews, it's a very good site though. For those of you that did reviews for Genesis games here, if you have an interest in doing reviews for SNES games, SNES Hub could use you. I know some of you play Super NES games.

    I still would like to have at least one review for every SNES game.
    When you mean by support, what do you mean? Not enough interest to talk the SNES?

    How long does it take to get games submitted for review? If it's not too long, I would love to whip up some reviews of the first two Home Alone games, the original NBA Jam, and maybe some other games like Super Buster Bros.

  3. #33
    Outrunner Metalwario64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Age
    29
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    In 2012 I created SNES Hub for Super NES reviews, articles and a discussion forum. I was inspired by this site, Sega-16. Unfortunately, it never got the support it needed. In terms of reviews, it's a very good site though. For those of you that did reviews for Genesis games here, if you have an interest in doing reviews for SNES games, SNES Hub could use you. I know some of you play Super NES games.

    I still would like to have at least one review for every SNES game.
    Hey, that's a nice looking site! Too many sites these days look basically the same, and I like the more distinct look and feel your site has, especially the forum.

    I would have liked to have known about that site back when you first created it.

  4. #34
    Wildside Expert Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    When you mean by support, what do you mean? Not enough interest to talk the SNES?

    How long does it take to get games submitted for review? If it's not too long, I would love to whip up some reviews of the first two Home Alone games, the original NBA Jam, and maybe some other games like Super Buster Bros.
    Sull56ivan2010, when I say support, I mean the forum was never too active. Gamers did submit reviews and articles over the years though which I deeply appreciate.

    It doesn't take too long for a suitable review to be posted to the site, usually within 30 days. I used to post reviews every week, but I don't get enough submissions to do that anymore. Here is the submission page to see the criteria for reviews. I would love reviews for the first 2 Home Alone games, the original NBA Jam and others.

    I know Sega-16 has reviewed all of the Genesis games. SNES Hub still needs reviews for 560 Super Nintendo games.

    And thank you for your comment Metalwario64.

  5. #35
    WCPO Agent JRedmond3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    861
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    NintendoAge might be a bit too obsessed with collecting, but I think they have some decent forums there as well. It can be easy to fall down that rabbit hole and I think Sega-16 has always been more balanced.

  6. #36
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Dear God no, Nintendo fanboys are incapable of holding balanced views and it actually causes them physical pain to say anything remotely positive about Sega. I'm obviously a huge die hard Sega fan but there are plenty of Nintendo games that I have thoroughly loved playing and will happily admit that, but I don't get that at all from die hard Nintendo fans. It's like they were brainwashed as kids and need to be re-educated in order to hold balanced views, a bit like the de-nazification program which helped German citizens who had supported Hitler hold a more balanced world view after the war. OK maybe I've gone too far in my analogy there but you get my point. I mean have you ever had the guts to read through YouTube comments under videos that have the temerity to praise Sega games and products? Well don't! Just don't! It's fucking horrible and that's exactly how I imagine a Nintendo forum like this place would be like 24/7. (shudders)

  7. #37
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Don't mind when Nintendo fans over-praise the NES, it's just a little eye rolling when they go overboard with praising the SNES over Genesis. Main problem is that the brainwashing for these two 16-Bit consoles started way back during the gaming magazine days. Namely around 1994.

  8. #38
    Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,471
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    I know Sega-16 has reviewed all of the Genesis games.
    Alas, not yet. All the 32X games are done, though! (Well, except Surgical Strike 32X.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    SNES Hub still needs reviews for 560 Super Nintendo games.
    Glad to learn of the existence of SNES Hub. I'll check it out!

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Sull56ivan2010, when I say support, I mean the forum was never too active. Gamers did submit reviews and articles over the years though which I deeply appreciate.

    It doesn't take too long for a suitable review to be posted to the site, usually within 30 days. I used to post reviews every week, but I don't get enough submissions to do that anymore. Here is the submission page to see the criteria for reviews. I would love reviews for the first 2 Home Alone games, the original NBA Jam and others.

    I know Sega-16 has reviewed all of the Genesis games. SNES Hub still needs reviews for 560 Super Nintendo games.

    And thank you for your comment Metalwario64.
    I'm registered under the same username over at SNES hub.

  10. #40
    Wildside Expert Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    I'm registered under the same username over at SNES hub.
    Ok. I'm going to post the review you gave me tomorrow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •