Quantcast

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    So hopefully we'll see some legit Genesis footage in the next update.
    Exciting times! that pc gameplay video really got me wanting this game.

So basically we have nothing that's been shown of the Sega version up to now. If I'm entirely honest, the situation with Paprium has me concerned about a few projects. I know that Xeno Crisis isn't being made by an asshole with a huge ego, but the game was Kickstarted as a new Sega game so it would be nice to see how far into development the 16-bit version is.

I'm still looking forward to Xeno Crisis, I just would like to see some confirmation that it exists. And by confirmation, I mean something more than just a tweet that goes along the lines of: "We're working on the 16-bit version and its gonna be great."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Hey everyone,

Yes it's about time that we shared some new footage recorded from actual Mega Drive hardware, which we plan to do in our next Kickstarter update in a couple of weeks, and you'll be able to view it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mega-d/updates

We'll do a proper progress update at that time, but things are progressing well on the Mega Drive front - Mike actually finished the modern platform versions some time ago, and now Matt's catching up after his unfortunate accident in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Yes it's about time that we shared some new footage recorded from actual Mega Drive hardware, which we plan to do in our next Kickstarter update in a couple of weeks, and you'll be able to view it here:

You're awesome, I hope my question about the MD version didn't come across like I was being an asshole. I'm still looking forward to playing the game and its good to hear that Matt's doing good.

Hero of Algol

I think it's positive to ask for real hardware footage and also positive that they show they're aware it's important.

My personal concern here is that we don't end up with the lesser version of all other versions. I do understand all other versions run on overall more (or much more) powerful hardware but I wish we get something unique for the Mega Drive version.
    Something like an exclusive boss fight and/or extra difficult level; something in those lines since it's like the hardcore fanbase here.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

I don't expect anything more from the MD version, the whole game is built around the MD hardware and doesn't seem to be much improved for the other versions (on far more powerful hardware).
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    You're awesome, I hope my question about the MD version didn't come across like I was being an asshole. I'm still looking forward to playing the game and its good to hear that Matt's doing good.
    No worries at all - you've given us money in good faith to produce Xeno Crisis, so it's only reasonable to want to keep up to date with its progress! I'm sure the next Kickstarter update will be of particular interest to Mega Drive fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Hey everyone,

We'll do a proper progress update at that time, but things are progressing well on the Mega Drive front - Mike actually finished the modern platform versions some time ago, and now Matt's catching up after his unfortunate accident in the summer.
    i've been asking for it on twitter, thanks for reply and give some attetion to md fans.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Sports Talker

I preordered a cartridge only copy of XenoCrisis (Genesis) a few weeks ago because it fit into my budget a bit better than the more popular combination of box+manual+cartridge. For those other cart only backers and myself, will there be a high resolution download link for the box art? I am sure I can find an empty Genesis box somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post
    I preordered a cartridge only copy of XenoCrisis (Genesis) a few weeks ago because it fit into my budget a bit better than the more popular combination of box+manual+cartridge. For those other cart only backers and myself, will there be a high resolution download link for the box art? I am sure I can find an empty Genesis box somewhere.
    We would really love to be able to do that - the problem is that if we make the box art available then we open ourselves up to the Aliexpress knock-off merchants!

Road Rasher

Please consider doing it after a bit of time has passed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Are there any differences between the cart and CD versions of Neo Geo ports?

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

I'm torn between the Genesis/MD and Dreamcast version. Which to get?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

@BitmapBureau

Please don't close the Neo Geo AES pre-orders too soon. I am saving up for a standard AES cart. Also can't wait for the MD video footage!

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Are there any differences between the cart and CD versions of Neo Geo ports?
    We've yet to finalise details on the Neo Geo version - the game should be identical, but there's a chance that the music will be better quality or enhanced in some way for the CD version.

Thread Information