Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Console Gamer

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I play modern stuff as well but the point is he doesn't put the same effort or time into them or the same history into the game. Just a quick. I like game Sony gave me for free. Where his reviews used to be a special thing. He can put the same effort in his modern reviews but he doesn't and then he loses his unique take on things. Just another sponsored review on YouTube.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Banned by Administrators

Are you guys bad mouthing Happy Console Gamer?

Road Rasher

He should reminisce about modern games in the same way he talks about games from his childhood so that it plays out like a Leslie Nielsen flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post

Are you guys bad mouthing Happy Console Gamer?
    Oh no. Don't threaten me with the man who talks to chairs with no one in it!

I still like HCG but I don't watch every episode anymore. Not really interested in white outline pic of himself thumbnail "My reaction/thoughts...to thing that just happened" and the thumbnail is not in the video. It's bait and a more recent YT trend I can do without.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I play modern stuff as well but the point is he doesn't put the same effort or time into them or the same history into the game. Just a quick. I like game Sony gave me for free. Where his reviews used to be a special thing. He can put the same effort in his modern reviews but he doesn't and then he loses his unique take on things. Just another sponsored review on YouTube.
    Do you not understand that when it's a new game, you can't just spoil it for everyone? You can't just do the same things you do with older system games and apply them to newer system ones. That doesn't fly.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Oh no. Don't threaten me with the man who talks to chairs with no one in it!

Didn't realize this yesterday, but just hit me now. This post reply with gif is complete deja vu, I've foreseen this exact instance before. Have you posted this before?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I honestly don't see what's not to like about him. Even when he makes videos I refuse to watch, specifically reviews of games that I really want to experience on my own first and no one else's opinion ringing in my ear as I take my first steps, I acknowledge that it is on me. Not him. A ton of youtubers do that too. It's his job. And even then, I always circle back and watch them once I get my footing or beat the game.

HappyConsoleGamer and TheGameHunters are my favorite. So much so that I have watched every single one of their videos.

Banned by Administrators

Sounds like he's doing something wrong as 6 hour grind sessions don't sound right. If this game really has a pacing issue issue...

The game is truly amazing. And it already has the best soundtrack to any game this year. While it's a spiritual successor to FFVI according to SE, it's more like an old SaGa game.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

"You need to play this game, for long, right balls-deep into it".

I hope there will be a cheaper Switch edition soon, like one without handheld capabilities but I know that will never happen.

Also Johnny is one of the few YouTubers that are good with avoiding the 10-minute mark.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

You guys are spoiling too much. And it also doesn't matter if the opinions are favorable or not. Some of us want to start this game fresh. This is why I don't watch reviews about games I'm excited about. The unboxing vid he posted today was great and spoiler or opinion free. But please, if you guys are going to talk about a game of this magnitude, I think it's better to wait it out at least one week or start an individual thread about it so people know not to go in there and start reading opinions or spoilers by mistake.

Banned by Administrators

Funny, didn't spot any spoilers posted.

erm what? No one has said much of anything about the game specifically. If a vague description is spoiling then that's your problem.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

I think the proper term is "sneak peak". Yes he showed off some of the deeper parts of the game, but nothing too far IMO.

Edit: Wait you are talking about our posts not Johnny's video
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Yes. You guy's posts. I refuse to watch the video until I play the game.

Honestly, it's not even about the spoilers. It's about opinions on the game. I've said it before about other games. The last of which may have been God of War [4].

It is very unsatisfying to go into a game I'm extremely excited about with someone else's comments in the back of my mind. I like to start the game fresh and experience it on my own. No expectations for how good it may be according to some, and no cautious detachment because someone may have said they didn't like it. I honestly prefer spoilers over opinions. And I don't like either of them. But maybe that's just me.

I just think it's good manners to post these things on brand new games under a different thread or after the public hype has cooled off a bit passed the release date. Not in a thread that may lead one to think the topic is going to be something else and one ends up reading something that one is holding off on reading about until one plays the game.

Again, I've said it before. Johnny is my favorite Youtuber and I have watched every single one of his videos. I just personally choose not to view his, or any other youtuber's, review vids on brand new games beforehand until I personally play the games myself.

But again, perhaps that's just me and I'm talking out of my ass.

P.S.> Still love you guys. Just trying to give my two cents.

Thread Information