Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite hole in the wall restaurants

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    I love a little Chinese restaurant with a woman who seems grouchy all the time. Her ex-husband seems more friendly and relaxed. I heard her complaining once that her ex-husband spends his $$ on dating younger women.

Anyway I used to love going there with a book. Window seat. Giant bowls of hot soup.

Online complaints that sheís a b*tch but itís always a great place with a book imo. I donít need to have conversations with her lol.
    I remember going to a local game store in the Dallas area. They had 2 stores, with one of them having 2 Asian ladies running the place. They were always angry with each other, every time I'd visited the place. It wasn't pleasant seeing them getting cross with one another.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Six years later, this place is STILL the bomb. I tell everyone who wants an authentically great Philly cheesesteak to go here. They won a James Beard award.
    Maybe it is great, IDK, but what I do know is the overall reputation Philly has with cheese steaks is overrated or should I say the places that are well-known seem to be over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Maybe it is great, IDK, but what I do know is the overall reputation Philly has with cheese steaks is overrated or should I say the places that are well-known seem to be over-rated.
    I can say with great confidence that the Top 4 places (Pat's, Geno's, Jim's, and Tony Luke's) really are not worth going to in my opinion. John's Roast Pork, Angelo's, Campo's, Sonny's, Steve Prince of Steak's are all a cut above.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

I haven't tried Jim's but the remaining three seem to have survived on name and panache above all else. While they were acceptable from a contemporary standard, there was nothing really above and beyond. IMO Philly has an unearned reputation for these sandwiches much like Buffalo with wings. The NE part of the state has many places offering a fantastic cheese steak.

Thread Information