Quantcast

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year 2100

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Assuming we even make it to the year 2100 as a species I think there will be huge changes both socially and technologically. Just think about the things we take for granted now like mobile phones, the internet, electric cars, Sega Mega Drives...then imagine showing all those things to somebody from the year 1900. They wouldn't be able to comprehend what they were seeing, let alone understand how any of it worked. The same will be said of us if we had a glimpse into future technology. We probably would struggle to grasp it and it won't be anything like we've predicted in movies set in the future or in sci-fi films.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    In the year 2100 software developers create a simulation game of an earth like planet similar to ours in every way including intelligent life that can reproduce. These beings don't even suspect that they are in simulation. Would the computer nerd creators now be considered Gods? Also how would we know for sure that we weren't in a similar simulation?
    far more important perhaps and interesting. from 2100 onwards we will finally have a decline in global population. it will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    far more important perhaps and interesting. from 2100 onwards we will finally have a decline in global population. it will be needed.
    Sadly, I've noticed that whenever the population plateaus or declines the newspapers report that its a total disaster. I'm not trying to say this in a matter-of-fact way (maybe I'm wrong after all), but I honestly believe that if people are going to survive to the year 2100 then there will need to be a decline in worldwide population pretty soon (way before 2100).

On a lighter note, by the year 2100 I want to be able to buy a Cherry 2000 droid. Or perhaps it'll be called a Cherry 2100 by that time? I'll just have to try my best not to get water on it. In case anyone's wondering, the movie was set in the year 2017, its amazing how quickly they thought realistic robot girls would become a reality.

Oh the human race will have to stop breeding in such huge numbers if we are to survive, that goes without saying. Too many people on the planet, way too many people and not enough food, simple as. Either we need a nuclear war or mother nature will have to step in to do her thang and wipe out a couple of billion of us via a series of natural disasters or a virus. Sounds harsh but the irony is that if we are to survive as a species then something's gotta give. Can't have another billion people all eating and bombarding social media with 'likes' and 'opinions' in a desperate attempt to appear valid in a grossly overpopulated world. I mean, Jesus, can you imagine hundreds of millions more people joining the selfish fucking 'me too' brigade of self entitled, perpetually offended arseholes?! (shudders)

Wildside Expert EternalChampion's Avatar

Mother nature? Father sky fucked her to create the Gods who then in turn created us?

Mother nature? Father sky fucked her to create the Gods who then in turn created us?
    In that case Father Sky has a lot to answer for!

Mother earth and mother nature are sisters or cousins.

I don't think there is good and evil. There is only smart and dumb.

Mother earth and mother nature are sisters or cousins.

I don't think there is good and evil. There is only smart and dumb.
    Ah but truly evil people are very rarely dumb. Reminds me of a line from Urban Strike on the Mega Drive when the commander is giving you a mission brief, and telling you who you're up against, your character says "Great, another evil genius. Why can't I ever go up against an evil idiot?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Ah but truly evil people are very rarely dumb. Reminds me of a line from Urban Strike on the Mega Drive when the commander is giving you a mission brief, and telling you who you're up against, your character says "Great, another evil genius. Why can't I ever go up against an evil idiot?"
    Do you think that people that think the world population should be cut in half through whatever means? Sterilization perhaps? What if that is what it took to save everyone in the long run? Would that be evil or smart? It depends on who you ask.

If one day you realized one day that you had magical powers to heal people from cancers, diseases, alter genetic abnormalities, restore limbs, etc. How about magical powers to also be able to clean the environment, restore micro minerals to the soil to give plants nutrition again. Then you had a problem that you didn't expect. You realize than humanity as a whole aren't worth saving. That they are worthless meaningless creatures that should get no help to continue existing. At that point you might not want to do anything bad but at the same time not help at all. Similar to humans observing wildlife in documentaries. Would that be considered evil or smart?

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Oh the human race will have to stop breeding in such huge numbers if we are to survive, that goes without saying. Too many people on the planet, way too many people and not enough food, simple as. Either we need a nuclear war or mother nature will have to step in to do her thang and wipe out a couple of billion of us via a series of natural disasters or a virus. Sounds harsh but the irony is that if we are to survive as a species then something's gotta give. Can't have another billion people all eating and bombarding social media with 'likes' and 'opinions' in a desperate attempt to appear valid in a grossly overpopulated world. I mean, Jesus, can you imagine hundreds of millions more people joining the selfish fucking 'me too' brigade of self entitled, perpetually offended arseholes?! (shudders)
    Overpopulation is only a problem in developing countries. Theres too many people giving their girls the D without the proper protection, thats widely available in developed countries.

So whats the solution? overpopulation will be cured as a by-product of creating a completely developed world.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

The world will turn into Logan's Run.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    Overpopulation is only a problem in developing countries. Theres too many people giving their girls the D without the proper protection, thats widely available in developed countries.

So whats the solution? overpopulation will be cured as a by-product of creating a completely developed world.
    The problem is that the 'developing world' never develops. It's been stuck in a permanent state of chaos and starvation, especially in Africa, for decades and no-matter how much money from charitable contributions pours in from developed countries nothing ever changes due to industrial scale corruption that riddles the 'governments' of developing nations. Meanwhile people keep breeding and children keep starving...the whole thing is a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The world will turn into Logan's Run.
    More like Soylent Green.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

The problem is that the 'developing world' never develops. It's been stuck in a permanent state of chaos and starvation, especially in Africa, for decades and no-matter how much money from charitable contributions pours in from developed countries nothing ever changes due to industrial scale corruption that riddles the 'governments' of developing nations. Meanwhile people keep breeding and children keep starving...the whole thing is a complete mess.
    I know what you mean. Take a look at this map:

The green countries are developed, the light green countries are in transition, the orange/red countries are, well you know the common term thats used to describe these countries. How many red countries do you see in Africa?
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Watch your language! as you would say...

Thread Information