Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help – problem with the company super figther team

Sports Talker

Mad Need help – problem with the company super figther team

Here is the deal, I preordered the games STAR ODYSSEY, LEGEND OF WUKONG and Beggar Prince on the 2015-04-03, I can show a printscreen If people want proof. I did it the same moment I read in their newsletter they were doing a second relese on those games.

I payed for all the games at once with shipment for eatch game, later I mailed the company if I could get refunded for the shipment if I overpayed, the replay was this ” The shipping prices are correct; international shipping prices keep rising, and in fact we haven't adjusted our prices to compensate as we strive to provide the best deal to the customer.”
    Moving on.
    When they shipped out the game begger prince, I knew of two people in europe who had recived their game before my copy was shipped (finally) on the 2017-01-30.
    Now when it comes to the two games star odyssey and legend of wukong I never recived a mail notification about the games were shipped to me, I only read the newsletter on the 180112.

Here is the deal, two months later and I still haven’t recived the game. Am I the only one?
    I mailed the company about it and here is the replay:

All the games were shipped already.
    E-mails were sent to confirm.
    We use PayPal-provided mailing address unless customers specify an address change.
    If you specified an address change, and it was confirmed, then we used the new address.
    However we do not keep modified addresses on file after shipping. So I cannot confirm which address we shipped to.
    And

As I said:
    If you sent an address update, we used the new address.
    If you didn't, we sent to the address PayPal sent us.
    That's all I can tell you.
    Just for your information, while I waited for the games to be shipped by the company years passed, a while back I mailed super fighter team about change of adres, which they did and my copy of beggar prince got home safe.That what he talks about in the mail
    My problem is, Brandon who is the owner (?) of the company has given me radio silence since the last mail.
    He can’t give me any tracking information, or answer to what the companys policy is when shipments gets lost, if they give refunds or send ot spare copies. Nothing.
    So with other words I payed 140$, waited 3 years, and got nothing in the end and probebly overpayed for shipment and they chose not to have tracking on the package. Wow, thank super fighter team!
    So to the people out there, if you preordered this games, did you get any notification of shipment, and if so when? (date please?)
    Second, has your copy arrived and in which continent do you live in, I’m from sweden. Third, any idea what I should do now?

/regards Mirjam

PS sorry for my crappy english

So you pre-ordered three games and mailed him about your new address. Beggar Prince got shipped to it, but you are still waiting for the other two? I got my re-release copy of Beggar Prince, but never ordered the re-releases of Star Odyssey and Legend of Wukong so I cannot speak of those.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Road Rasher

Well, I had a similar case. He sent me an e-mail asking for a possible shipping address change, which I couldn't reply until five days later. During that window time, he actually shipped the game to my old address. This means I basically lost my copy of Legend of Wukong, as he refused to do anything about it or even provide me any tracking info which would help me track down the product on the post office at least.

Hero of Algol

SFT is another thing that doesn't belong to this age.

Their customer service sucks major balls and the website they have (or had?) is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netpredakonn View Post
    Well, I had a similar case. He sent me an e-mail asking for a possible shipping address change, which I couldn't reply until five days later. During that window time, he actually shipped the game to my old address. This means I basically lost my copy of Legend of Wukong, as he refused to do anything about it or even provide me any tracking info which would help me track down the product on the post office at least.
    Did you at least get a replacement copy?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Sports Talker

netpredakonn, at least your game was shipped. When did you recive the mail about it? Does he give you the silent treatment too?

Mirjam

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwolfen View Post
    netpredakonn, at least your game was shipped. When did you recive the mail about it? Does he give you the silent treatment too?

Mirjam
    On the 26h of December, to be more precise. He actually replied to all my e-mails, usually within a day or so. I never had a problem with him regarding silence, only the way the treats customers.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Did you at least get a replacement copy?
    Nope, he didn't give a s*** about my problem. Not very helpful at all.

yeah I'm curious if my pre-paid for copy of Zaku for the Lynx will actually ever happen. Just have to wait and see...

Sports Talker

Hi

I small update, after I posted this thread a member tipped the owner of the company about this and he contacted me and refunded 110$.
    With other words, only for the 2 lost games and not the shipping I also payed, so he owns me 30$ and hasn't been willing to answer any more mails

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Since then I'm the buyer of this game
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-DRIVE-...53.m2749.l2649

And I'm now waiting for a good price on star odyssey on ebay, thanks to super fighter team and all the scalpers

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

In the past Brandon Cobb visited this forum himself. Not anymore?

EDIT: He posted in February, so he still comes here.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....MA-Death-Adder
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 03-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Epyx's Avatar

This is sad. I bought Lynx Zaku from them without any issues and shipping to the UK.

I've bought a lot of games from Super Fighter Team and I've always received everything. Brandon is very fast to reply to emails.
    Luckily I haven't had to deal with my address changing and I've always been able to reply to email confirmations faster than 5 days later.

I once had a game arrive that was crushed by the shipping carrier (despite being well packaged). I sent Brandon (SFT) a picture of it and he sent me a replacement. And honestly that was not his responsibility. That should have been between me and the shipper. And I don't think it's assumed that refunds will include shipping. It's more common that shipping costs are on the buyer. Specially when the seller did what they should have but things went wrong for some other unexpected reason.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but in my opinion Super Fighter Team is one of the best retro companies out there. It's a small market and I'm glad they're apart of it.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I haven't had any issues with Brandon or SFT in general. I've bought every Genesis-related product and I've been completely satisfied.

P.S.> I don't know, and it might just be me, but whenever I happen to move, or even change my email address, I make damn sure to notify every pending transaction I have paid for. Or update my info in their sites, at least. It's my damn responsibility. These are gaming entities, not detective agencies.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I once had a game arrive that was crushed by the shipping carrier (despite being well packaged). I sent Brandon (SFT) a picture of it and he sent me a replacement. And honestly that was not his responsibility. That should have been between me and the shipper. And I don't think it's assumed that refunds will include shipping. It's more common that shipping costs are on the buyer. Specially when the seller did what they should have but things went wrong for some other unexpected reason.
    This is actually not true - sellers are responsible for the item until it is delivered to the buyer. All credit card companies and PayPal will allow chargebacks for items damaged in shipping if the seller refuses to deal with it. In addition, many shipping companies will only work with shippers in resolving claims (or will work with recipients only to a limited degree). So it's typically the shipper's responsibility to file a claim and provide evidence. The reason is that the shipper is the one who contracts with the shipping company and pays insurance. As a buyer, I'm paying a seller to get an item to me. The seller is contracting with a shipping company to do so, so it is their responsibility to resolve shipping issues. This is common knowledge for anybody who does high volume shipping and is a big pain in the ass, but that's how selling works.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    P.S.> I don't know, and it might just be me, but whenever I happen to move, or even change my email address, I make damn sure to notify every pending transaction I have paid for. Or update my info in their sites, at least. It's my damn responsibility. These are gaming entities, not detective agencies.
    I don't think that's the case here. The OP says he updated his address and it was confirmed and he even received Beggar Prince without issue at the new address, confirming the address was updated successfully. So I don't see what else he could have done.

It's odd that SFT does not keep shipping records to confirm where the games were shipped. I think it's possible or likely that SFT failed to ship to the updated address for whatever reason. In any case, I find it pretty harsh that they would not refund shipping. Lost orders happen - it's better to prepare for it and refund customers appropriately rather than alienate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    This is actually not true - sellers are responsible for the item until it is delivered to the buyer. All credit card companies and PayPal will allow chargebacks for items damaged in shipping if the seller refuses to deal with it. In addition, many shipping companies will only work with shippers in resolving claims (or will work with recipients only to a limited degree). So it's typically the shipper's responsibility to file a claim and provide evidence. The reason is that the shipper is the one who contracts with the shipping company and pays insurance. As a buyer, I'm paying a seller to get an item to me. The seller is contracting with a shipping company to do so, so it is their responsibility to resolve shipping issues. This is common knowledge for anybody who does high volume shipping and is a big pain in the ass, but that's how selling works.
    Maybe like I spoke too soon about the details of shipping. I've been lucky enough not to have any ordering issues that weren't easily resolved.

*My experience with SFT is that they still provide great service.
    Last edited by thesegadude; 03-11-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added details to clearify what I said.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Thread Information