Quantcast

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Satiator By Prof. Abrasive

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Come to my hometown, I'd love to see what you can afford for three years salary. Unless you're a hedgefund manager, or you enjoy living out of a storage unit, you won't get much.
    That happens to a lot of places, when an economy booms and people start charging more for property. You're talking about an isolated region, that does not represent everywhere.

The Dallas/Ft.Worth area has seen massive growth in the last 10 years. I bought my house in what was once a small town of 18,000. It has now grown to nearly 50,000 in 15 years, and the prices of houses have doubled. Frisco, North of Plano/Dallas, was isolated pockets of houses and farmland. Now, it's one of the fastest growing areas in the whole metroplex and houses are expensive there. Jerry Jones even moved the Cowboys headquarters to the area, along with a lot of major corporations. Anyone that had bought land there 15 years ago, is now raking in the dough, because their property values have increased over 100%.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That happens to a lot of places, when an economy booms and people start charging more for property. You're talking about an isolated region, that does not represent everywhere.

The Dallas/Ft.Worth area has seen massive growth in the last 10 years. I bought my house in what was once a small town of 18,000. It has now grown to nearly 50,000 in 15 years, and the prices of houses have doubled. Frisco, North of Plano/Dallas, was isolated pockets of houses and farmland. Now, it's one of the fastest growing areas in the whole metroplex and houses are expensive there. Jerry Jones even moved the Cowboys headquarters to the area, along with a lot of major corporations. Anyone that had bought land there 15 years ago, is now raking in the dough, because their property values have increased over 100%.

You're living in a fantasy land. Its quite well known that in most of the Western world property values have been climbing much faster than incomes. But because you seem to live in the one part of the world where your income has increased at the same rate as house values, you think Boomers didn't have it easy.
    My hometown hasn't seen any major change to economic opportunities, the biggest change has been Boomers buying up all the property in the hope that they can use it to pay for retirement. And I've seen the same pattern in a lot of towns now.

Quote Originally Posted by wowsux133 View Post
    damn is it annoying to listen to each generation rag on each other based on generalizations. No, not all boomers are entitled. No, not all Gen Xers are apathetic. No, not all Millennials are lazy bums. No, not all of Gen Z likes to eat detergent.
    ^^ EXACTLY! Generalizations are bad. It's how all forms of intolerance grows. Once you begin generalizing based on things out of a person's control (age, race, etc) then YOU become the bad guy.

BTW I am looking forward to trying the Satiator.

Thanks all for the heads-up on this Satiator. I'm going to try to find myself one of these. Haven't had a Saturn in years but seems like a good reason to own one now.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Please drop the word Boomer from your vocabulary. The people you are referring to are Gen-X, not boomers. It just sounds totally ignorant and retarded.
    That always has me scratch my head too. Its so fucking retarded.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/big-batch-exfat-43392797

Latest Patreon Update:

Planning a big batch to be manufactured and ready by end of November. Should suffice for all Patreon supporters to buy. General release would follow that.

Added exFAT support.

Added Action Replay support.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I was defo going to get one of these, and am still really interested, but... I found myself in the situation where my brother asked me to sort him out with a Saturn. Knowing he is a space saver type I opted to give him mine with its Rhea and region free mod. So now I've got a Japanese Saturn's innards in a PAL shell plus a replacement 240v PSU on the way from eBay, and I've plumped for a MODE.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'll miss the Rhea, I think I was among the first to have one fitted (it was my console in the VGP review) and I like the way it works so well, albeit with a bit of faff. With the MODE on the way, and with my other Saturn and its modchip I just don't need the Satiator anymore. But still, I'd love to try one; I had planned on putting it in my disc drive unit.

Thread Information