Quantcast

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your gaming screenshots

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Does XBX not have a screenshot function to post?
    It does, yes.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gglol View Post
    Do you get any input lag while playing your old school games with that tv?
    There is no input lag on a CRT, because they donít have a native resolution like a flat panel display does. Itís only when you start using filtering and other enhancements that youíll get lag.

The King of Dragons on the SNES.

If you like scan lines, here's the game on a Sony 27" Wega SD.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-11-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert Mykale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    There is no input lag on a CRT, because they donít have a native resolution like a flat panel display does. Itís only when you start using filtering and other enhancements that youíll get lag.
    Whoops my bad. For some reason I thought it wasen't a CRT O_o.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

gamevet. I need that game on my SNES. Such a sucker for those kinds of games.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    gamevet. I need that game on my SNES. Such a sucker for those kinds of games.
    I don't actually own that game. I'm using a device called the Super UFO Pro 8, to play the ROM. You can get one for $60.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Road Rasher

If you want a physical copy, I'd recommend Capcom Classics Vol 2 (PS2/Xbox). The PS2 version still sells for $15 brand new on Amazon, which is a helluva deal. Especially compared to the Xbox version that might be getting expensive. It appears that there are very few complete copies currently on Ebay and Amazon.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Oh shit, I forgot I have that on Xbox. Might be in the PSP version as well. Been a long time since I fired it up. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinderl View Post
    If you want a physical copy, I'd recommend Capcom Classics Vol 2 (PS2/Xbox). The PS2 version still sells for $15 brand new on Amazon, which is a helluva deal. Especially compared to the Xbox version that might be getting expensive. It appears that there are very few complete copies currently on Ebay and Amazon.
    I'd almost bought a copy for the Xbox many years ago. I saw it at a Good Will for @ $5 and had thought that I'd already owned it. I got home and discovered that I had Volume 1.

I don't actually know why some LCDs have input lag and others don't. Sometimes I go to friends' houses and their displays have excessive input lag. My friend has one of those UHD LG panels with crazy input lag (and a minijack RCA input). At home my '94 CRT and Toshiba HD panel both have no input lag I can detect. My PSP doesn't seem to have input lag either, or the 3DS. I don't think my notebook computer display has lag either.

Tokyo Xanadu EX+ is Falcom's Metagame. Very self-referencing lol. This isn't even everything I found so far. Trails of Cold Steel is on the TV, Some in-game thing of Spika? 3rd TV I don't know. Will post more actiony sections later, Just found these amusing for the self-reference.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert Mykale's Avatar

Here's some Hyper Duel:
    Almost 1ccd on default settings. Lost all the credits on the last boss.

Last edited by Mykale; 04-12-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't actually know why some LCDs have input lag and others don't. Sometimes I go to friends' houses and their displays have excessive input lag. My friend has one of those UHD LG panels with crazy input lag (and a minijack RCA input). At home my '94 CRT and Toshiba HD panel both have no input lag I can detect. My PSP doesn't seem to have input lag either, or the 3DS. I don't think my notebook computer display has lag either.

The 3DS and PSP don't have input lag, because their screens have a native resolution that is equal to the video output of the hardware. Connect the PSP to a 1080p display, with the component cables, and it most certainly will have input lag, because the television has to upscale every frame.

Thread Information