Quantcast

View Poll Results: Will the Mini be any good?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sure it will be a big improvement!

3 15.79%
  • Only if they drop the "bonus games".

2 10.53%
  • If they promised FPGA... maybe.

2 10.53%
  • AtGames is hopeless.

12 63.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Any Chance for the Genesis Mini?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert ITViking's Avatar

There's one good thing I think the AT Games 'flashback' units have done... steered a lot of people back into retro-gaming scene and the original consoles. Me included. I knew retro-gaming was a thing, but it was only after picking up an AT Games 'flashback HD' and finding it woefully inadequate to the task of transporting me back to 1992, that I started picking up actual Sega Genesis' and game cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by ITViking View Post
    There's one good thing I think the AT Games 'flashback' units have done... steered a lot of people back into retro-gaming scene and the original consoles. Me included. I knew retro-gaming was a thing, but it was only after picking up an AT Games 'flashback HD' and finding it woefully inadequate to the task of transporting me back to 1992, that I started picking up actual Sega Genesis' and game cartridges.
    The same thing happened to me however I picked up a half decent russian clone megadrive. Which plays NTSC , Jap and pal. It also sported a rather nice overclock switch to reduce the lag in some games. However after playing and buying the odd cart for this I decided to buy myself the model 1 megadrive I had as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustybolts View Post
    However after playing and buying the odd cart for this I decided to buy myself the model 1 megadrive I had as a kid.
    Its that nostalgia that driving me as well. There's a ton of cool stuff related to the Genesis, and so many other consoles, etc. But its the stuff I once had that really does it for me. My original console was purchased in 1992. I'm pretty sure if was the 'sonic' model 1, though the 'core' version which didn't actually come with the sonic game. I bought it at a hardware store chain up here in Canada called 'Canadian Tire', and also purchase both Sonic 1 and Shinobi (Revenge) as my first games. When I started looking around for a console to buy recently, I found a Canadian unit (Mint VA 6.5) complete with the identical Canadian box I had all those years ago. I had to buy it. It's not the earlier HDG version I had, which was probably a VA 6, but close enough.

What happened to this? Haven't heard a single thing since that teaser was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Someone should send AT Games a model 1 with a sticky note on it that says.... "but smaller".

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert molul's Avatar

Smaller, more authentic controllers, accurate emulation... AtGames just aren't into "classy nostalgia" business. It seemed they did with the Mega Drive Flashback but it was just an illusion. Fortunately Sega is doing the console on their own... Which I really hope means they do something along the lines of the Nintendo mini consoles.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

Things have been looking up for the Mini/Classic lately... Still, can it compete with the new kid on the block?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPFtY7l57I

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Thread Information