Quantcast

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Microsoft’s Next-Gen Xbox Will Arrive in 2020

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I used to own Kung Fu Chaos as it was given to me when I worked as a manager of Gamestop. It's a shit game and super racist. What I was saying about Gears is while the originals popularized the TPS cover shooter. That genre has evolved past Gears and Gears has not evolved with it. They are still solid games but not as great as they once were. Nintendo games typically add something new and are polished really well. They are also putting more new IP's out that is not just smaller DS/3DS games. ARMS, Splatoon, Xenoblade plus more and publishing new IP's like Ocotpath Traveler,Snipperclips and Daemon X Machina last few years as newer franchises. Even for the existing IP's, they have far more of them than Xbox so a new Yoshi or Kirby is still fresher than Forza on a yearly basis even if there is 2 Forza series.

I will say KI is fantastic. I don't dislike the Xbox brand. I love their first 2 consoles a lot. Just there is a reason XBO is in third place in sales. It's games and esp exclusives are just not compelling enough. They have never made bad hardware in terms of power. I hope they return to form next gen. I don't want anyone to fail. PS4 has offered me the most in varietty of games so atm I own the most games for that system this gen..actually maybe most games I own of any system I own. Even Dreamcast. It's no accident why PS4/Switch are selling so well.
    Last edited by SegataS; 07-28-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I used to own Kung Fu Chaos as it was given to me when I worked as a manager of Gamestop. It's a shit game and super racist. .
    List and detail the racist elements to that game, because its utter nonsense to make out that game is racist and anyone who does thinks it's racist, doesn't really understand what true Racism is The game is not even gulty of either discrimination either, which a lot of people mix up for Racism. I saw the same sort of drivel used aginst games like Street Fighter II, Resident Evil 5, Dead or Alive Volleyball and GTA series even Streets of Rage III. Hell I'm amazed RE 7 wasn't caught up in the rubbish, given its portrayal of a redneck family.

Nintendo games typically add something new and are polished really well
    I give you polished and lack of bugs, nobody beats Nintendo quality controls . But honestly what is new in the latest Tennis game and upcoming Smash Bros game? . Forza is not a yearly game, both Forza and Horizon have 2 years to make their game and each Hozion game always bring in a lot of new features. I don't mind anyone not liking a system or saying this or that game is better and the same goes for a system. But I very much doubt you have ever owned an XBox One, much less played any of its games.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

You mean like blatant racial stereotypes and accents? I mean the game opens up with a video game version of Micky Rooney's Asian character from Breakfast at Tiffany's as the director. Uses the font on the cover of the game and throughout the game of the "asian" font used by westerners in low brow shit like this. WWE/WOW use it. It's as blatant as it gets.

You have to be trolling or a clueless idiot to not see the racism in that game. It's as subtle as a sledgehammer to the nards. The game was full of controversy when it launched. RE7 only had 1 recneck and that was Lucas. Rest of them were not rednecks just southern. Anyway not feeding your trolling past this point.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

[QUOTE=SegataS;823125]You mean like blatant racial stereotypes and accents? I mean the game opens up with a video game version of Micky Rooney's Asian character from Breakfast at Tiffany's as the director. Uses the font on the cover of the game and throughout the game of the "asian" font used by westerners in low brow shit like this. WWE/WOW use it. It's as blatant as it gets. [QUOTE=SegataS;823125]

You know the whole point of Kung Fu Chaos was to make fun of classic Kung Fu movies and old movie tropes in general kinda like the classic movie Kung Pow. The game characters are just bunch of film parodies of various old kungfu or classic Japanese films. For example their is a character that makes fun of monkey from journey to the west. Also the game just dosen't make fun of Asain film tropes, but also pokes fun at blaxploitation, art house, and other types of film types.

Also just using sterotypes and accents dosen't make somthing racist. A thing that makes somthing racist would be either implying or stating that a race is inferior and should be treated as not equal, or with prejudice that usually results in people doing hideous things.
    TRUST BUT VERIFY IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

You mean like blatant racial stereotypes and accents? I mean the game opens up with a video game version of Micky Rooney's Asian character from Breakfast at Tiffany's as the director.
    You just used google haven't you, you never really played the game at all . There is not a single religion or race or skin colour that is a highlight and made fun off in Kung Fu Choas all Characters share the same all style and if you don't like stereotypes you must hate Japanese video games given their heavy use of it, more so for anyone who is homosexual or German or a women.
    And its clear in RE 7 that the whole Baker family is Capcom Japan using a stereotypical slate on a white family down in the deep south. But still Capcom have always seemed to get into trouble with RE series be that upsetting the Spanish in RE 4 or the Africans in RE 5: for having African zombies, but hey its quite ok to have white zombies and blow their heads off when the game takes place in the USA or Europe.

You have to be trolling or a clueless idiot to not see the racism in that game
    No, you have to understand what a parody is and also a little bit of British humour, Play Conkers Bad Fur day and see that game does countless parodies of various British classes, but then again that game got in trouble due to the take on Liverpool and the French, when really harmless fun and the whole game makes fun of everything and doesn't single out one race.
    Real racism is when a person thanks only to skin colour, religion or sexual choice is exclude from activities, work, housing transport, employment or worse still persecuted, forced to move or killed. I can't think of a single console video game that endorses such vile views or behaviour at all.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

It seems like the next xbox would probably use a 7nm Ryzen APU with another AMD semi-custom GPU. The current consoles have great gpu, however the cpu they use is currently the limited factor. Just probably why pushing for or near a 4K resolution was easier this gen due to gpu horsepower. To push framerates you need better cpu's and the current console cpus are comparable to a either core 2 quad or laptop amd e-series from 2013. However consoles usually have better ways to manage the cpu load and also the current consoles have very lite oses, dedicated sound hardware, low-level api, unified memory, and time which helps a lot. However cpu is still the biggest limiting factor, so hopefully they use ryzen for a nice cpu gain.
    TRUST BUT VERIFY IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterclaws6 View Post
    It seems like the next xbox would probably use a 7nm Ryzen APU with another AMD semi-custom GPU. The current consoles have great gpu, however the cpu they use is currently the limited factor. Just probably why pushing for or near a 4K resolution was easier this gen due to gpu horsepower. To push framerates you need better cpu's and the current console cpus are comparable to a either core 2 quad or laptop amd e-series from 2013. However consoles usually have better ways to manage the cpu load and also the current consoles have very lite oses, dedicated sound hardware, low-level api, unified memory, and time which helps a lot. However cpu is still the biggest limiting factor, so hopefully they use ryzen for a nice cpu gain.
    Comparable to Core 2 Quad? Do you have a source? Please tell me it isn't that bad.

Also in terms of CPU usage, the OSes don't use much CPU power. But they take up a lot of RAM, I think the Xbone OS uses 3.5 GBs and PS4 OS uses 3 GBs. Thats not proper, should be like 1 GB.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

They can put in an MC6820 if they want. Just bring the games. (hyperbolic on purpose) I do care a little about visuals but not in the raw horsepower way. I am impressed by how far a game pushes individual hardware and it's own capabilities. I just want them to have an affordable system that lets me play offline. Able to play my games 20 years from now. Physical releases. A good controller and easy to use UI (XBO UI is a mess) Well built and will last (unlike most 360's before the slim line). Decent Japanese support like 360 had.

They can put in an MC6820 Able to play my games 20 years from now. Physical releases. A good controller and easy to use UI (XBO UI is a mess) Well built and will last (unlike most 360's before the slim line). Decent Japanese support like 360 had.
    And that’s what MS are doing. The BC programme supports disc based games from the OG XBox which is nearly 20 years. The 360 BC program also supports disc based games, that’s in stark contrast to SONYs paid for online service PS Now . The XBox One Consoes have no issues with Hardware and the One X also doesn’t sound like a Jet engine taking off, like the Pro.

And MS is getting some good talent in to its new studio The Initiativeand as well decent new Talent for Playground games Fable line

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...r-upcoming-rpg

Also the XBox some very nice Japanese support. I would say the XBox main issues is not giving new IP a chance to grow and having too many of its Studios make only sequels and not also some brand new IP.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information