Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games with forgotten sequels

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Vita Games with forgotten sequels

So I mentioned this in another topic but I am playing a dungeon crawler RPG very similar to Shin Megami Tensei called The Lost Child set in modern day Japan. How little did I know this game is a sequel to the more action-oriented game El Shaddai from last gen. You even recruit Enoch as a party member. This game is very under the radar and I know it will be forgotten very soon. That said I know there are games that have a cult following or even if not a cult following but has a sequel that is rarely talked about.This is not pertaining to the quality of the game. Just for whatever reason, few people know evens exists.

Some people may have forgotten Outrun 2019 or Excitebots.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Super Pac-Man and Pac'n'Pal (the true sequels of Pac-Man from Namco) are often ignored in favor of Ms. Pac-Man and the like.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Zaxxine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Super Pac-Man and Pac'n'Pal (the true sequels of Pac-Man from Namco) are often ignored in favor of Ms. Pac-Man and the like.
    This seems like a great time to remind everyone of the "sequel" Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. Yesss, you will never forget it! HEE HEE HA HA!!
    That was a hoot!

CURRENTLY PLAYING...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf • Crash Team Racing • Mario Kart 8
    AND MORE

Master of Shinobi

Emperor: Battle for Dune. Maybe I just don't know the right people, but my PC gaming friends seem to remember Dune 2 and Dune 2000 but not Emperor. Hell, I don't remember seeing it until years after it was released, and I was a big Dune fan.

Fire 'n Ice/Solomon's Key 2
    Konami's JP-only version of Rampart
    Legend of Valkyrie for the PS1
    Strider Returns
    Populous 3
    Bomber King 2
    Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun (River City Ransom 2)
    Super Cooks (Golvellius parody sequel)
    Fantasy Zone 2 DX
    Bubble Bobble 2/Bubble Symphony

Cyber Shinobi
    Revenge of Shinobi GBA
    Rastan 3
    Aladdin on SMS
    Cannon Fodder 3
    Star Control 3
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
    Heart of the Alien (Another World 2)
    Tempo Jr.
    Fixeight (Out Zone 2)
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I know this is sort of off subject, but while playing through the table demos on The Pinball Arcade, I'd noticed several sequels to pinball tables I'd played in the 80s. I had no idea that there was a Fire Power II, or a Black Knight II.

Speaking of arcade stuff. Joust 2 is a game that most had never seen in an arcade.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    So I mentioned this in another topic but I am playing a dungeon crawler RPG very similar to Shin Megami Tensei called The Lost Child set in modern day Japan. How little did I know this game is a sequel to the more action-oriented game El Shaddai from last gen. You even recruit Enoch as a party member. This game is very under the radar and I know it will be forgotten very soon. That said I know there are games that have a cult following or even if not a cult following but has a sequel that is rarely talked about.This is not pertaining to the quality of the game. Just for whatever reason, few people know evens exists.

Some people may have forgotten Outrun 2019 or Excitebots.
    Outrun 2019 is my favorite of the series. It is futuristic and has one of the best soundtracks in history. That song "Victorious" ftw

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

The new Virtual On game on PS4 i think most people don't know about it since it's stuck in Japan.

EX Troopers similar thing. great game and a sequel to the Lost Planet franchise and IMO best in the series. Stuck in Japan so while Japan got the best title in the series the US got the worst in Lost Planet 3. The sad thing is EX is super import friendly. I finished it without knowing a lick of Japanese but it still turns people away from trying it.

I don't think the few people like me who enjoyed Blue Dragon on Xbox 360 realize it had 2 sequels on DS. One if an RPG and the other is an RTS. Sadly they are fairly mediocre.

Solatorobo on DS is a sequel to the Tail Concerto series on PS1. It plays like Mega Man Legends and is a fun game.

Okamiden. People keep asking for Okami 2 not knowing there is an Okami 2. Okamiden. TBH it's a rehash of the first game but with the chibi son of Ammy. If I had to sum it up. Virtua Fighter Kids of the Okami series.

SEGA Sonic Popcorn Shop. Did you know Sonic had an arcade game that revolved around popcorn? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxine View Post
    This seems like a great time to remind everyone of the "sequel" Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. Yesss, you will never forget it! HEE HEE HA HA!!
    Fun fact: it's called Hello! Pac-Man in Japan. It's not a sequel there!

Also lol Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_2

Quote Originally Posted by Alianger View Post
    Tempo Jr.
    Super Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    SEGA Sonic Popcorn Shop. Did you know Sonic had an arcade game that revolved around popcorn? lol
    Don't forget the shmup!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

What?!

Super PAC-MAN was Namco’s 2nd game in Japan. Bally used their PAC-MAN license and a couple of modders to come up with Ms. PAC-MAN. Bally also released the pinball/video game hybrids called Baby PAC-MAN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Pac-Man
    Last edited by gamevet; 06-25-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Biometal Gust for SNES Biometal

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Zaxxine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Fun fact: it's called Hello! Pac-Man in Japan. It's not a sequel there!
    But is it a "sequel" in Japan? :P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zaxxine; 07-04-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    That was a hoot!

CURRENTLY PLAYING...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf • Crash Team Racing • Mario Kart 8
    AND MORE

Pretty sure that they're referring to it being a "sequel" in the West (due to the numbered name), not Japan (which explicitly went with a completely different name that didn't suggest sequelness, that was the point).

How about the Blaster Master sequels? No one likes em', no one remembers em'.

I've been thinking about the Fighting Force games as of late, the first of which was intended to be a Streets of Rage game, it also had a sequel of it's own. Don't think anyone even remembers Fighting Force.

Most recent Blaster Master was great tho. I very well remember Fighting Force and just last night on a Power Stone stream people were talking about it.

Thread Information