Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games with forgotten sequels

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Zaxxine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Pretty sure that they're referring to it being a "sequel" in the West (due to the numbered name), not Japan (which explicitly went with a completely different name that didn't suggest sequelness, that was the point).
    Oh. Huh. It works as a sequel to Ms. Pac-Man when you really think about it, though, even if the game falls into a completely different genre. We see the union of Mr. and Ms. Pac-Man, the arrival of their children, then their life as a family after the maze days. Still, there's room for improvement with both titles of the game.
    That was a hoot!

CURRENTLY PLAYING...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Crash Team Racing Mario Kart 8
    AND MORE

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    So I mentioned this in another topic but I am playing a dungeon crawler RPG very similar to Shin Megami Tensei called The Lost Child set in modern day Japan. How little did I know this game is a sequel to the more action-oriented game El Shaddai from last gen. You even recruit Enoch as a party member. This game is very under the radar and I know it will be forgotten very soon. That said I know there are games that have a cult following or even if not a cult following but has a sequel that is rarely talked about.This is not pertaining to the quality of the game. Just for whatever reason, few people know evens exists.

Some people may have forgotten Outrun 2019 or Excitebots.
    El Shaddai is definitely one of my favorites! I'm shocked to see it got "downgraded" to a dungeon crawler and got a name change!

Forgotten sequels? Hmmm...

D-Xhird (part of the Toshinden universe)
    Final Fight Revenge
    Purikura Daisakusen (from the Power Instinct universe)
    Assault Suit Leynos 2 (yes, this game doesn't get as much recognition IMO)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

ASL2 is fine but think it's the weakest in the series. Tho I think the 2 best games in the series are the remakes of Valken on PS2 and Leynos on PS4. Gunhound EX while not an official sequel may as well be (same devs who did the remake on PS4) is a pretty solid game if a bit unfocused at times.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

Chaos Break on the PS1 is the forgotten sequel to the forgotten Arcade game Chaos Heat by Taito. This is a quite interesting mid-tier survival horror game with an action bent to it and controls that better than any ps1 era capcom horror game, due to full anlong movement is very nice. The game has nice graphics with full 3d environments & good character models, and bad voice acting, which is par for the course for the era. The game was only released in Japan & Europe and hasn't have a digital re-release on PSN or any other service that sells games.

TRUST BUT VERIFY IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Thread Information