Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you get into console gaming?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    so it had to have been 1991/2 that she came over.
    You sure she didn't just bring an NES in the mid 80s with Tetris and 6 years later you bought a Snes with Final Fantasy 2? (aka ff4)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    You sure she didn't just bring an NES in the mid 80s with Tetris and 6 years later you bought a Snes with Final Fantasy 2? (aka ff4)
    Yeah - I never had an NES (still don't although I have an adapter that fits on top of my SNES that will play NES and Famicom games).

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I'm guessing your parents loaded up on all the deals for the ColecoVision, when the prices came tumbling down. I didn't know there was a crash (I was 14 in 1982), but did notice in 1984, that I could get a lot of 2600 games for $5. And it wasn't until I went to a bigger town that I'd seen bins full of 2600 carts.
    Yeah, it would make perfect sense. I should look into what the price drops looked like once the crash happened. Hehe...I was happy with that ColecoVision for years, so it must have been relatively inexpensive to keep me happy with software all of those years. Their eyebrows probably raised a bit once the NES happened.

I was five years old and played on my dads ZX Spectrum. At the time I moved to a different neighborhood, earned some new friends and one day I saw them trading some funny "cassetes" with each other. Apparently those were famiclone cartridges. I even remember one of them being Duck Tales. Later that year I've got my own famiclone and the two years later my dad bought me PAL Megadrive (legit one).

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterhouse5 View Post
    Yeah, it would make perfect sense. I should look into what the price drops looked like once the crash happened. Hehe...I was happy with that ColecoVision for years, so it must have been relatively inexpensive to keep me happy with software all of those years. Their eyebrows probably raised a bit once the NES happened.
    Lucky you. I had one friend that had a ColecoVision. He had about 8 or 9 games and the Super Controllers. I believe he had Ladybug (cool game), Space Fury, Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, Subroc 3D, Venture, Miner 2049'er, Carnival, Baseball and Donkey Kong Junior. I always wanted that system, but by the time I had a job and could afford one, the computer craze hit and I got a C-64 instead.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

When I was a kid, nobody even knew there was any sort of crash. Hill's, Sears, K-Mart, Best, and all the rest, never stopped carrying Atari, Coleco, or Intellivision games, and moved right on into Master System and NES stuff without a hitch or a gap.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I was 8yrs old when I first played on my best friend's Mega Drive and got hooked! This would have been early '92 and I finally got my very own Mega Drive on Xmas day '93.

Both my parents still think of Xmas 1993 as the best Xmas, because of the look of excitement and joy on my face when I tore the wrapping paper off my very own Sega Mega Drive and hugged my prize. I wish they'd recorded that moment!
    Last edited by Mega Drive Bowlsey; 07-24-2018 at 10:22 AM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Marty, you have to come with me to the future!

They have this thing called the Super NES. Itís all the rage!

Crap, he erased the post.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Marty, you have to come with me to the future!

They have this thing called the Super NES. Itís all the rage!

Crap, he erased the post.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

I got into console gaming when my dad hooked up a nes, when I was young like at 3 or 4 yrs old, then sometime later he picked up snes. Those were pretty great times, then later we got a n64 with a lot cool games like episode one racer and smashbrothers.

Thread Information