Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wonders of a famiclone childhood

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

I experienced some famiclones as a child. My first experience was when went overseas to the middle eastern country Bahrain to visit my dad for a week sometime in 2002, since we had chance to visit him while he was deployed. So to keep us entertain while he was at work, he set gba emulator with a lot of roms on the computer and got us a famiclone named the Polystation.

The Polystation was a famiclone that looked like a PS One, but with a port for games and also ps1 style controllers. We had two game carts which had various sprite swaps and the usual 9,999,999 in 1 and one with random assortment of obscure namco games and also various hacks of battle city. It was fun and despite making fun of the lies displayed on the packaging material showing graphics from ps1 games like Tekken 3.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

Woah. This is an awesome perspective. Thanks for sharing your experiences. We almost take for granted the current gaming market.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Abomination! Xenoblade Chronicles X at 480i Over Composite... For Science! - Cut Content, Episode 1

Drawing maniac! Master of Shinobi FlackoWeasel's Avatar

We used to have a lot of Dendy here when I was a kid. Without Dendy I wouldn't of known so many great games . I was like 3-4y old when I played SMB and other games. Most games were like 40 in 1, 75 in 1. Some were 300 in 1 and so on.

Nutty Female Gamer, So Nutty, So Crazy

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker troopa jr's Avatar

i had a super terminator 2 clone XD.
    in spain nes was well distributed, but was very easy to find a lot of clones.

Attachment 14791
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information