Quantcast

Thread: Terrible sequels..maybe not so terrible? Or at least you enjoyed

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Ms. Pac-Man Terrible sequels..maybe not so terrible? Or at least you enjoyed

Like it says. Are there sequels to games considered bad that you either enjoyed and/or thought were not so bad? (even tho I dislike them I do expect some FFXIII in here lol)+

Take for example Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I heard nothing but bad things. So I got it new for $11 last year. I loved Human Revolution. Well, I played it and holy shit I thought it was great! Ok, yes the story was a bit on the weaker side but the gameplay is so much better. Plus, they removed those horrendous boss fights. I only experienced 2 and one was optional and the last one I had a kill switch. I liked it too much that did something I never do. Played a new game plus all the way through.

Ninja Gaiden III Razers Edge. I enjoyed the 3D Ninja Gaiden games and yes vanilla NG3 is a bad game. RE tho I think they fixed all the issues I had. They even removed the part I had the most issue with. In the beginning, a guard begs for his life...Ryu murders him anyway after stalking him. I can't deny the story is nonsense but it is a pretty fun game to play. Not like Platinum Games (who I adore) is great at the story but they are so fun to play. No doubt PG makes better games than this but I still found NG3RE a fun B game.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Halo 5, Assassin's III and Unity, God of War Ascencion, Gears of War Judgement; all outstanding today.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker waterclaws6's Avatar

I kinda like Sonic Lost World despite critics hating it and the fanbase being mixed on it. The game is mostly fun once the controls are adjusted to and music & graphics are top notch. The only major issues with the game are the boss fights being boring & easy and the level design geting really bad during the last two worlds.

Wii U & PC version best compared to the servicable 3ds version.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

I tend to agree with the general sentiment when it comes to bad sequels. A sequel can be a good game and still be a bad sequel. I'm trying to think of a case where I disagreed and can't really think of anything where there's a clear consensus on the sequel being terrible and me liking it.

Fallout 3 maybe? Some people really dislike it compared to the originals but I like it a lot more (the originals play like crap), though I don't know anyone that calls it terrible even as a sequel.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Perhaps earlier on when Bethesda took over and changed the whole layout. And it was mainly PC gamers hating on it. But fastforward a few years and Fallout 3 is hailed as the new standard for all new Fallout games to come. 3 is definitely my favorite. But I also enjoyed New Vegas equally. 4 felt a bit short compared to those two, but still really great.

RE 6 - Its nowhere near as bad as people make out and starts off brilliantly too, but loses its way midway through. Still nice game though

Saturn Shinobi - It should have looked and sounded so much better, but still is a great game though.

Bug II - Great sequel with briliant gfx and sound, Just too hard for its own good
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Shining Wisdom is a lot of fun and sorta reminds me of Ys, Greatly enjoyed it.
    Chrono Cross has one of the best gaming soundtracks ever. Falcom liked it so much they ripped it off with Oral Tradition song in Ys Seven. CC is a great RPG but the name Chrono shoud have been kept out of it.

Zelda II. I know many consider it crap and too hard and too much of a departure from the original, but I've always loved this game.

It's a great game. The only game that's genuinely an RPG.

Thread Information