Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Disney Fired Gunn Guardians Sequel Up In Air

  1. #1
    Master of Shinobi PHANTOM2040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Disney Fired Gunn Guardians Sequel Up In Air

    Gunn made un-PC jokes years ago when he was a nobody. Now they resufaced and Disney fired him. A few Guardians cast members have spoken in his defense. I guess Gunn finished the script for Guardians that they still might use and make the sequel with a different director. Maybe Gunn's career is finished. I remember he was obsene in The Specials 2000 audio commentaries but I never cried to anyone about it.

    I actually thought Guardians 2 was not needed as they further childafied some of the characters, messed up cannon Ego, (I know Guardians does this completely to their own characters but leave crossover characters alone at least). I also hate in sequels when they throw in Uber famous guys to sell the movie. Kurt and Sly weren't needed. Baby Groot was worthless, Draxx went from lovable to asshole, Sly's buddy Cliffhanger Mohawk had to do a retarded credits dance after he just died in the movies. Runtime too long, the pop music was overdone, the first movie could have used less to begin with.

    I guess they can't stop making sequels as they make a lot of money and are crucial for the crossovers. If I was Gunn, I would have defended myself zero percent and would have just made a statement like, "Nice knowing everyone. Just forget about me. Don't hurt your career by speaking out in my behalf". Then I would take my millions of dollars, disappear from the public eye, and enjoy my life.

  2. #2
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,126
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    To be fair, these are the tweets in question:



    The vast majority of them are about Pedophilia. You can't blame Disney for wanting to distance themselves from that considering that the vast majority of their movies, shows, parks, etc. are aimed and children and families.

  3. #3
    Master of Shinobi PHANTOM2040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Well, that's some bad stuff and does say something about him. I think some want to defend him because they love the Guardians movies and want future projects from him. Also, some people just hate Disney so would use this to attack them. Before this scandal, I didn't even know he looked like Clay Aiken. I only heard the voice before this and was picturing more of a Ray Romano look. I think Disney just wants it to go away so they can get on with their business. Gunn seems like a dummy that just got a big break with Guardians, like a one off type of thing.
    Last edited by PHANTOM2040; 07-28-2018 at 12:29 PM.

  4. #4
    The Gentleman Thief Baloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    Un-PC is putting it lightly. I thought I was going to see some racial/ethnic stereotyped jokes. Who the hell puts that crap on Twitter? Sexually explicit "jokes" about young kids isn't alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!



    Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

  5. #5
    Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    10,290
    Rep Power
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    Gunn made un-PC jokes years ago when he was a nobody. Now they resufaced and Disney fired him. A few Guardians cast members have spoken in his defense. I guess Gunn finished the script for Guardians that they still might use and make the sequel with a different director. Maybe Gunn's career is finished. I remember he was obsene in The Specials 2000 audio commentaries but I never cried to anyone about it.

    I actually thought Guardians 2 was not needed as they further childafied some of the characters, messed up cannon Ego, (I know Guardians does this completely to their own characters but leave crossover characters alone at least). I also hate in sequels when they throw in Uber famous guys to sell the movie. Kurt and Sly weren't needed. Baby Groot was worthless, Draxx went from lovable to asshole, Sly's buddy Cliffhanger Mohawk had to do a retarded credits dance after he just died in the movies. Runtime too long, the pop music was overdone, the first movie could have used less to begin with.

    I guess they can't stop making sequels as they make a lot of money and are crucial for the crossovers. If I was Gunn, I would have defended myself zero percent and would have just made a statement like, "Nice knowing everyone. Just forget about me. Don't hurt your career by speaking out in my behalf". Then I would take my millions of dollars, disappear from the public eye, and enjoy my life.

    This whole statement is 100% incorrect.

    Long before any details of this movie came out, if you had asked me who should play Chris Pratt’s father (in any movie, really), I would have said, with zero hesitation, “KURT RUSSELL.”

  6. #6
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,168
    Rep Power
    186

    Default

    Marvel movies have really taken a nosedive quality wise the last couple years, firing that pedo won't make a difference.

  7. #7
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,312
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Nah their most recent outings have been their best. Ragnarok is easily my fave Marvel film. Infinity War more than made up for Ultron. Civil War and Homecoming are fantastic. Gaurdians 2 is much better than the first film by a longfshot. Their weakest stuff is 2011-2015 with Dark Wold and Ultro, and Iron Man 3.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  8. #8
    Master of Shinobi PHANTOM2040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Gunn, step away from baby Groot, at least he has no root.

  9. #9
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,312
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Baby Groot was awesome.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  10. #10
    Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    10,290
    Rep Power
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Marvel movies have really taken a nosedive quality wise the last couple years
    Awesome, it’s time to see whose opinions beat the others in another epic Sega-16 Beat-Off.

    Dude, the Marvel movies have been at their best in the last couple years (outside of maybe Dr Strange & Black Panther, which I didn’t love).

  11. #11
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,634
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    People should learn to just never post on Twitter. Even something slightly taken out of context can give you a fucking headache.
    05/05/15

  12. #12
    Master of Shinobi PHANTOM2040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Sam Harris closed his years ago after he was being three way attacked while he was on vacation.

  13. #13
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Guardians is 90% Star Wars rip-off, so it's not like he's bringing all that much to the table in the first place.

    The thing about Gunn is that you didn't need to read a single tweet to know what he's about. Disney hired him, because (at the same time he was making these tweets) he made tone death movies like Super.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    This whole statement is 100% incorrect.

    Long before any details of this movie came out, if you had asked me who should play Chris Pratt’s father (in any movie, really), I would have said, with zero hesitation, “KURT RUSSELL.”
    Sure, Kurt Russell....as J'son, Star Lord's actual father. Instead we got the incredibly idiotic "that's no moon...that's your father!"

  14. #14
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,168
    Rep Power
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Ragnarok
    Ughh that movie was terrible, nothing but JOKES, QUIPS! PUNS!!!!!
    It's one of those movies where you can't play the drinking game whenever they force a joke, you'd die from alcohol poisoning.

    so many terrible jokes, nothing was treated seriously in that garbage movie.
    Because yeah, I like my movies serious. I don't mean Schindler's List serious. but EVERYTHING was treated like a joke "oh Thor is trapped, lol joke!! he's trying to escape but fails LOL JOKE!"
    "super supreme evil appears.. lol joke time!" ughhhhhhhh its like Marvel said "hey the kids don't like all this serious story stuff, make EVERYTHING a joke." It's like 95% of that movie was a joke.

    Imagine if all the movies did that, Alien's would be like "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW?" and Ripley would be like "What? sad your Colonial Marines blowup doll burned to a crisp?" and everybody would be high fiving each other saying WHOOHOO!"

    Marvel turned to shit.

  15. #15
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,312
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Nice hot take. It's wrong btw.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •