Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcade1up.....

Default Arcade1up.....

I didn't see any info posted on these boards so I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

3/4 scale and emulation? I want a real cabinet or nothing.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I think it's super neat and affordable. I just don't care for the games offered right now.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I haven't even heard of these until now.

That Final Fight/Ghosts N Goblins/1944/Strider one looks pretty slick, and $300 isn't too hard on the pocket book... but even at 3/4 size, I can't imagine where I'd put it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I haven't even heard of these until now.

That Final Fight/Ghosts N Goblins/1944/Strider one looks pretty slick, and $300 isn't too hard on the pocket book... but even at 3/4 size, I can't imagine where I'd put it.
    I didn't see that cab. It does sound right up my alley. No place to put it either.

Master of Shinobi Hidden_Darkness's Avatar

The Final Fight cab looked neat, unfortunately on the arcade 1up Facebook they said that cab was delayed until spring 2019.

Outrunner

Small screen, knockoff controls, no dip switches/options, 2 volume settings, and presumably no high score saving.

But the side art is pretty.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the whole no high score saves after you turn off the machine. Same with most Jamma boards.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

They seem like a good idea, but the riser being an extra $80 (from what I saw) is ridiculous. I believe they also come with 1 speaker for mono sound which is ridiculous IMO. Considering that it's about 90% empty space inside, something like this should be a tool-free, snap together type construction that is easy to snap together or take apart. I could overlook some of that if the game combinations were better. Data East stuff probably would have sold like hotcakes. As much as I grew up with Street Fighter, I don't need 3 versions of the same game on the same cab. A combo of Street Fighter, Ghouls & Ghosts, Final Fight, Captain Commando, Strider, Knights of the Round, Darkstalkers would have been amazing. A Sega cab with the OG Shinobi would have been killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

You could easily build your own boosting box. I quite like the idea of these but it all depends on the emulation quality. My dream is to one day own an arcade cab. Which game I'm not to sure of at the mo.

I bought one of their machines and I think Arcade1up has found a pretty nice niche for themselves.

I was impressed with everything - the packaging, presentation, and product in entirety.

The time I've spent trying to find, looking at, figuring the cost, work, and logistics of a 30+ year old cab... these 3/4 machines are what I've been waiting for.

The cabinet I ordered is part of their third generation release - So they've had time to perfect their formula from earlier works and I think they're now in a groove.

P.S.: An Outrun cabinet is my dream. Outrun/Turbo Outrun/Outrunners.
    Last edited by Lync; 01-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Are these actually 3/4 scale? All the pictures I've seen make them look half the size of an original cab.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I want to save up for the TMNT one so I can finally have an arcade machine in my collection. Don't think I will ever have my US Dreamcast kiosk sadly.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Are these actually 3/4 scale? All the pictures I've seen make them look half the size of an original cab.
    I got rid of all but my small Final Fight cab when I last moved. I happened upon the 1up Final Fight with booster podium while shopping the other day. With the boost it does feel like 2/3 scale at best compared to my real Final fight in a generic sized cabinet.

Before I moved I had SFII'CE in the large cab that Capcom made just for it. These 1ups are less than half that size.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information