Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Speed test. Your internet speeds.

  1. #31
    The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    1999
    Posts
    5,441
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansuke View Post
    So I get 5.8 Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps up.

    ISP: AT&T

    I pay $60 for that......
    You hit submit for this comment in June 2019. It's just now showing.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?

    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  2. #32
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Hansuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    You hit submit for this comment in June 2019. It's just now showing.
    Hahaha. So true.

    I'm assuming this is a joke.

    If not, June 2019 is the date I signed up for this site.

    It wasn't until recently that my account has been approved to post, which was also frustrating as I had to PM members on this forum to post on my behalf to ask a mod to activate my account.
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=148033&dateline=16159  41118

  3. #33
    The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Man, my internet sucks compared to you guys. I can't remember off hand how much we pay because we've got one of those bundles with cable and phone, but it's actually a good deal compared to what we were paying a few years ago. I honestly haven't had any issues streaming stuff or the occasional online gaming, so it seems ok, but I don't really upload or download much, so I guess that's why.

    Got new internet.


    Same price point, similar high speed modems, ATT just sucks in West Michigan apparently. I think it may have something to with the difference between coaxial cable and fiber optic, Xfinity being a cable provider.

    Edit: This is hard-wired to my PC. My wifi speed was in the 370s.

  4. #34
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,536
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    I picked up an Asus Z490 E Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard on Friday. Well, apparently it has an ethernet port that needs to be connected to a switch/router that has a 1GB ethernet port to work properly. I'm going to connect it with Wi-Fi, because I'm most certain that my router does not have a 1GB ethernet port for 75Mbps internet.

    Nice upgrade!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  5. #35
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I picked up an Asus Z490 E Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard on Friday. Well, apparently it has an ethernet port that needs to be connected to a switch/router that has a 1GB ethernet port to work properly. I'm going to connect it with Wi-Fi, because I'm most certain that my router does not have a 1GB ethernet port for 75Mbps internet.

    Nice upgrade!
    Nearly all ethernet ports in the world are 1gbit (or faster) nowadays, except some stupid ZTE modems which may only have one or two gbit port (with the rest being only 100mbit).
    But even then if your line is 75mbit, a 100mbit connection would still suffice. And probably be more stable than wifi, as long as your cables/connectors are not broken.

  6. #36
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,536
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Nearly all ethernet ports in the world are 1gbit (or faster) nowadays, except some stupid ZTE modems which may only have one or two gbit port (with the rest being only 100mbit).
    But even then if your line is 75mbit, a 100mbit connection would still suffice. And probably be more stable than wifi, as long as your cables/connectors are not broken.
    Youíd be surprised just how many arenít. The router is at least 7 years old and a 1Gb port would do nothing for internet service under 100 Mbps. I got the board as open box, because of people not being able to perform updates, because Windows 10ís default drivers donít support the Intel 1GB ethernet device. There were a lot of one star reviews expressing their struggles withheld the port.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •