Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed test. Your internet speeds.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Sonic Speed test. Your internet speeds.

I have had Google fiber for about 2 years but only now did I have a Laptop with 5GHZ wifi. So before I was only getting 25% of this.

Just post the results you get from the link using the share option and image.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7552340988
    Last edited by Leynos; 08-14-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I've had Verizon Fios (sold to Frontier) for over 5 years. My advertised speed is 75/75, but I usually run about 85/85.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

From MS Edge browser and upload a little slow today usually in the 50s.

Been using the same cable broadband hookup 16 years even thought the company has been bought and sold three or four times since.

I wish I could get the upload speeds you guys do. But Cox communications here in OK caps everyone at 10Mbps... and it sucks because years ago when I was only getting about 50Mbps we used to get between 20 - 30Mbps on our uploads. Best I can get for $90 a month...

7564940652.png

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Yeah, you're getting ripped off. You're also capped by how many users are on your hub down the street, since all of your connections share the same cable to the source.

We're paying $25 a month for our service.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08-19-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

For the first two years of my living here, I had Compuserve due to a three year agreement deal when I bought my old Windows ME PC from CompUSA. I'm not joking when I say I got about 2.5kb/s download and less than 1kb/s upload thanks to the very old phone lines around here. I eventually switched to a new ISP once the contract ended, but they initially only offered half-cable (cable download, dial-up upload) where I live, so my downloads improved a good bit (about 10Mb/s), but my upload's didn't. When full cable finally came to my area (after being promised for years), I got upgraded for free, as my ISP was phasing out dial-up altogether. So I jumped to 25Mb/s download and about 2Mb/s upload. Now, even that speed has been phased out. I got another free upgrade as a result, but the funny thing is, my current speed is pretty much the bottom rung of the ladder for my ISP. I can get MUCH faster speeds, but it'll cost me a lot more than $40 a month.

Basically, this translates into 7MB/s download and about 1MB/s upload. Not as fast as others in here, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than where I stood some 15 years ago, and for about the same price too. Maybe someday I'll get another boost, but I can happily live with this after the painful speeds I was originally stuck with.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: Jim Power: The Lost Dimension

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

My ping is 33 ms. Looks like mine is the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    My ping is 33 ms. Looks like mine is the best so far.
    lol in Bizzaro world.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Dude. Highest score. Just like in golf game. I always win.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    We're paying $25 a month for our service.
    Holy moly that's cheap.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Meh, it gets the job done. I actually dropped speeds while I was out of work, will likely raise the speed back to what I had it now that I have a steady source of income again.

On wifi

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

I only have a 50/5 line, but it's perfectly fine for my needs. No point in posting a speedtest result at the minute, seeing as our internet in this neck of the woods has been buggered for the last few weeks. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/inter...-internet.html
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

I need to update this I did finally replace my cable modem over the summer to a DOCIS3.1. So my downloads are in the 300s now but my upload is still capped at 10. And I now have to pay $95 a month. If I went with my ISPs fastest and best teir it would cost me about $120 a month and would give me Gigabit download. But still...only a 10 upload...I don't freaking get it?

There are other options like AT&T U-verse or Windstream, but they are DSL solutions that are NO where near as fast. And for some reason, even though we have a Google datacenter located about 30min west of where I live, Google fiber is not allowed in my city as it was voted out to offer it. (Pretty sure that a lot of the Tulsa city chamber is vested in Cox communications would be my guess?).

Thread Information