Quantcast

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Official Thread)

Master of Shinobi

Stage 10 is the same, except that Koobos can only levitate 2 objects now which makes that fight much easier on Mania (there are 10+ items on the floor in that fight).
    The Daft Punk reject boss had the Blue Signals removed, instead a Bronze appears with very low health (and named Gold for some reason). I guess he is the VIP guard for the DJ. Also the boss will do his "Armor Up!" motion after he does his half-health-power-up animation, instead of immediately retreating to the sides - so you can get an extra combo in. Also feels like he has less health now because he seems to go down much faster - two combos from Axel (punch string, Grand Upper, cancel to f+A) and he is at half health already. I recall him being stronger. The shield still takes 4 hit from a back attack, so that much is unchanged.

Master of Shinobi

Stage 6 has the motorcycles breakable at the start, otherwise it seems to be the same.
    Stage 7 is the same. For the boss, the extra commissioners don't have super armor anymore, which makes the boss a LOT less unfair, especially on Mania where you have two and they could just juggle you nonstop before.
    Stage 8 is the same. For the boss, the toxic lady runs around much faster now but that's it.
    Stage 9 is still probably the most difficult stage in the game. They changed the 2nd apple to a chicken, and a 2nd apple will spawn during the fight with the Goros. Seems to have no more changes other than that. Max had some changes to make him more fair but more difficult. His grab in the 1st phase comes out faster, and in the 2nd phase it's instantaneous so you have to jump over him to prevent getting grabbed. And his thunder tackle doesn't juggle you anymore.

Stage 11 has cash bags on the plane, if you destroy any of the seats. The seats still leave random electrocution traps behind, so grab the money carefully. The three sluts before the final boss don't have bullshit permanent hyper armour anymore, so they are almost pushovers. On the upside, you at least don't need to save up stars to one-shot-kill them, you can use them elsewhere in the stage.
    Mr. Y will do cartwheel dodges if you get too close before he shoots, his grenade toss will throw grenades forward him so it's not just a free punch move anymore, and his angled machinegun attack shoots in more than only 3 angles, so it's harder to dodge. Safest spot seems to be either above him (he shoots downward arcs), or to be directly under the line in which he is standing, it looks to me the gunfire does not hit there.

Stage 12 has the wrecking ball removed and the big bens changed around. You first fight 2 red, 2 purple, 2 greens. Then three reds, three purples, and three greens. This place sucks. A Shadow will pop up before you leave for the final boss, I don't know why they put it here, it's just annoying.
    Ms. Y does back-to-back dashes in her 2nd phase, and on wakeup she does 2 small hops instead of one big one. The armours during the fight hide a Shadow each, if you crack it open for the health items, they get free - each one has a lot of health.
    The Y Twins fight is now twice as long, the one jumping in the robot will get a health refill (but the robot will have less health overall), and the robots patterns seem to have his two phases exchanged. the robot seems to be less of a threat due to the HP nerf, but the fight is still harder because the Y twins are beefed up so much.

Floyd seems to play largely the same but his 4th string (the final hit) comes out very fast. So you can't spam the string 4 times then hold punch, and do the final hit + cancel to a charged punch, since the final hit comes out too fast. Unless you are in the corner or so.
    Blaze seems to be able to cancel after the 1st attack of her string ender, so you do the kick upwards, then cancel to jump instead of doing the final kick downwards.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

So I finally managed to get round to completing this game on the switch - slow I know! Have to say I enjoyed the game and feel it does a good job at reinvigorating beat-em-ups and the SoR series (appreciate not everyone feels the same...). My one disappointed was the ending - no final story/cut scene just straight to scrolling credits. I appreciate this is staying true to the mega drive games but it still felt a bit odd to me and not quite fitting with the updated style. That aside, I did enjoy it and have already started again but this time playing as Floyd instead of Axel.

Overall, a thumbs up from me and very interested to see what happens with the series in the future.

Master of Shinobi

The DLC was announced last week, for those who missed it. It's called Mr. X Nightmare, and it has the crew taking on a VR landscape designed by Dr. Zan, to prepare them for whatever the syndicate may throw at them in the future. It will have new characters (Estel, Max, Shiva), new moves (customizable "loadout"), new game modes (training, tutorial, survival), new enemies, weapons, and a Mania+ mode.

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhsAAQoYQ0k

The new stuff I've seen in the trailer:
    - Adam has Ryu's hyper hurricane kick and Terry Bogards power dunk and what looks like a dashing reppuken (he does a dashing uppercut while energy rises up from the ground)
    - Axel has a flaming Dragon Punch that ends with a slam on the ground (special) and an upgraded Dragon Wing that has the last bit act as a projectile (Star move)
    - Blaze has a triple Kikoushou (Star move) and a rising double cartwheel (special)
    - Cherry has a triple guitar slam (Star move)
    - Floyd has a nearly full screen electric slam that also electrocutes enemies (Star)
    - the new weapons shown so far include a huge swordfish and a lightsaber
    - one of the new enemies is Mr. What (black palette swap of Mr. Why, I mean, Mr. Y)
    - new stage hazards shown: a giant bumper ball that seems to act like the wrecking ball, and a large metal pillar that just smashes shit down
    - Estel can tackle and bodyslam enemies (special move), blow up a grenade in place (also special move), throw a flashbang that stuns enemies (air special), pitch a normal grenade forward (also special), call for the SOR1 style backup (probably star move?), and she is shown to have what looks like a star move but involves using a knife to slice and dice in quick succession. Does that mean we will get weapon based supers back from SOR3?
    - It's possible to add elemental attributes to your moves, giving the enemies fire or poison status which drains their health
    - Enemies seem to spawn mid-fight in a computer-glitched-fade-in
    - on top of customizing different special moves for your own character, it will also be possible to change palettes to some degree - a "Latina" Blaze is shown in the trailer.
    - more retro levels will appear (SOR2 stage 1 boss alley and SOR3 stage 6 helicopter pad are shown), but it seems they will have different enemies (Karatekas in the back alley and cyborg Mr. X on the helipad)
    - Exclusive tracks by Tee Lopes. His soundcloud has some great sounding tracks, here's hoping the music will have some punch to it instead of just boring synthwave.

Estel is confirmed, two other silhouettes are shown in the trailer but they perfectly line up the portraits of Max and Shiva, so they are all but confirmed.

Master of Shinobi

Max trailer:
    https://youtu.be/lIFAeWNgXL4

Shiva trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSScRo3dmo

Max looks like he has mostly his old moves, and has an air special where he body slams into the ground, and a star move where he hits the ground with his strong punch creating electric shockwaves (this may be one of the upgraded attacks from the DLC). The more detailed animation makes him look kick ass however.

Shiva seems to have a LOT of new moves. He centers around palm strikes, he can flip up a weapon from the ground and instantly throw them (however, he cannot HOLD weapons), can summon after images, and has a dash attack that slices through enemies and leaves them damaged while he strikes a pose (and he can do this in the air!). He seems to have a 3-hit air combo while others have 2 hits only. His star move is either summoning afterimages like in his boss fight, or doing a 2-side palm strike similar to Akira's Stun Palm, but it looks more kick ass and gives him energy wings not unlike Rock Howard (the authors are undoubtedly influenced by SNK games and they also did a Garou MOTW mockup a while back).

Thread Information