Quantcast

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Official Thread)

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    It's just super clear that this is being made by guys who had no idea for SOR4 other than "eh.. Axel is older now with a beard." because the rest of the cast hasn't changed.
    So far Adam is the only one to not show any changes. Axel turned into a hobo, Blaze is a MILF. The hipster chick is a boring new character. No other old characters were shown except maybe Shiva. Or did you expect Donovan and Galsia to be older or what.
    TBH the current Adam, as he looks now, looks more like an adult Skate/Sammy than Adam. I think they missed a good chance there, use Skate but give him new moves from Adams repertoire.

Well, the artwork showed silhouettes for what looked like Zan, so I still have hope... but they need to fix the sound effects! That's a deal breaker!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Or did you expect Donovan and Galsia to be older or what.
    Yeah, them and Big Ben. if you're gonna age people you better age EVERYBODY or just design a new cast of bad guys.
    that's like giving Batman a nice long grey beard and then having Harley & Joker show up looking young like they always did.

Master of Shinobi

Well, there were as much as 3 or 4 Big Bens appearing simultaneously in the games (in BK3 in the white house, I think), so for all we know they were members of a very big family or clan. Same goes for Galsia and Donovan. If the game takes place 20 years later, then perhaps it's their sons and nephews fighting now. I mean you did fight Rocky Bear's junior at one point in SOR2, so there is a precedent for the goons kids' joining the fray. This could also explain the new bikers; the ones in SOR2/3 perhaps suffered deadly accidents (getting jump kicked off a speeding bicycle, or just running over an EXPLODING one could do that), the new Big Momma Bikers are maybe their pissed off wives came back to have revenge on you.

Shiva probably looks the same because martial arts magic, and Mr. X can shown up the same because he is basically a T-800 now (yeah, his brain was smashed in BK3, but we know he had lots of bodies).

Also in Dark Knight Returns, Batman was super old but Joker mostly looked the same due to the clown makeup. Meanwhile in Batman Beyond, Harley was an old grandma and her twin granddaughters worked with the Joker.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Joe Musashi at 3:27.

Still looks utter crap
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

WCPO Agent

I think it looks great. Like a comic book come to life. It's different from other SOR games, but so what? It's a new team, I'm happy they have the creative freedom to change things up.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Change for the sake of change is an indicator of bad management.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Another Adam Hunter video...

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Hey look it's Jax from MK?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I don''t know how they do it, but it keeps getting uglier!

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I agree with the point being made about Axel's age. If you're going to age him you need to age everybody or it makes no sense.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Hey look it's Jax from MK?
    What the fuck? He even says "gotcha". That couldn't be any more blatant.

So instead of having Zan and/or Max, they create an "original" mashup who for some reason looks like a character from a completely different series. This makes an insane amount of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I agree with the point being made about Axel's age. If you're going to age him you need to age everybody or it makes no sense.
    Admittedly I haven't been paying much attention to this game, but did they ever say how much older are they? And growing a beard doesn't take many years…

Also let's not even get started on Blaze. She's supposed to be Asian and I know a bunch of Asian women who are in their 40s and could easily pass for their 30s or even 20s >.> (I know make up probably has a lot to do with it but I swear, they seem to be aging even slower these days)

Just saying, it's more plausible than it looks like :​v

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Admittedly I haven't been paying much attention to this game, but did they ever say how much older are they? And growing a beard doesn't take many years…

Also let's not even get started on Blaze. She's supposed to be Asian and I know a bunch of Asian women who are in their 40s and could easily pass for their 30s or even 20s >.> (I know make up probably has a lot to do with it but I swear, they seem to be aging even slower these days)

Just saying, it's more plausible than it looks like :​v
    Hmm... point taken. I admit that I just assumed that the gap in the timeline is the same as the gap between SOR3 and SOR4, 25-26yrs. Perhaps it's only set 10 or 15yrs after the events of SOR3, who knows?

Thread Information