Quantcast

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

Road Rash or Riot!

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Most people will buy this for the memories so they want the most popular games on it, nobody has memories of playing Alien Soldier. And they are totally going to casual play the system, so not overly complicated games that require time to learn to play them.
    The most popular games were Jurassic Park, Madden in the US, FIFA in Europe, pack-in games, Street Fighter, etc etc
    Whenever I see someone sharing their Sega Genesis collection online, like on youtube. They always have the same titles... Sonic 1, 2, Aladdin, Columns, Toe Jam & Earl, Jurassic Park, some pile of sports games, Alerted Beast, Golden Axe 1 and MMAAAYYYBE Vectorman or Comix Zone.

We see them all to death, that's why I wish to see other titles that never got the attention they deserve get in instead.
    Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 04-27-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert molul's Avatar

I'd say 3-4 hidden gems would be enough, considering the system will most likely be hackable. My pick for the hidden gems would be Dynamite Headdy, hands down.

Actually, taking that into account, the awesome move would be including an unreleased game, like SNES Mini with Starfox 2.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Mega Turrican and Herzog Zwei, if you ask me.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert molul's Avatar

I love Herzog Zwei's soundtrack, but I haven't been able to properly play it yet. Which is a shame, as I love strategy games ^^U

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

Most people will buy this for the memories so they want the most popular games on it, nobody has memories of playing Alien Soldier. And they are totally going to casual play the system, so not overly complicated games that require time to learn to play them.
    The most popular games were Jurassic Park, Madden in the US, FIFA in Europe, pack-in games, Street Fighter, etc etc
    Nintendo included unreleased Star Fox 2 and other games that or not million-sellers that everyone knew just for nostalgia on their SNES Mini. I wish Sega would get a clue and start bundling games that are great quality, not just to scratch the Nostalgia itch. Alien Soldier would be a huge selling point, and would open people up to a great game they may have otherwise never had a chance to play

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Bring EA onboard and have them let Sega use either the Road Rash trilogy or the Strike trilogy for the compilation. Even better would be both of them!

Just saying, Sega is including Game no Kanzume in the Japanese minis (which was a Japanese Sega Channel-only thing), and there's supposedly the non-Japanese Asian minis that have Outrun 2019 (unless had found itself a niche there back then?), so I'm not sure they're exactly going for the most popular games. And Super Fantasy Zone never released in the US yet the Genesis Mini is including it.

I'm pretty sure they're accounting for what's popular now, not back then. And they may throw in more obscure stuff. Remember, they only revealed half the line-up yet, I'd imagine they'd reserve the most important titles for that half to grab attention.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Sega is including Game no Kanzume in the Japanese minis
    Those are mostly casual mini-games and they are there precisely for the casual gamers, which is the main target of this thing. One good thing is they are asking which games Sega fans want to have included. Of course Alien Soldier would be awesome, using 6 slots for the Strike+Road Rash trilogy not so much, given that we are still waiting for things like NBA Jam (T.E.?), NHL 94, one Madden on the Genesis, one FIFA (or Sensi or ISS) on the Megadrive, etc etc.

Surely 40 is not enough frpom our POV.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Who are the European players who remembers playing Thunder Force III, and as said, US players playing Super Fantasy Zone? Gunstar Heroes didn't sell well in the west. And how much time does it take to learn to play Alien Solder? Five minutes? Shining Force takes much longer.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Those are mostly casual mini-games and they are there precisely for the casual gamers, which is the main target of this thing. One good thing is they are asking which games Sega fans want to have included. Of course Alien Soldier would be awesome, using 6 slots for the Strike+Road Rash trilogy not so much, given that we are still waiting for things like NBA Jam (T.E.?), NHL 94, one Madden on the Genesis, one FIFA (or Sensi or ISS) on the Megadrive, etc etc.

Surely 40 is not enough frpom our POV.
    I think you might be a bit off on the target market here. Everything about this (removing AtGames, getting M2 on board, fan interaction, etc.) screams that Sega is making this for the many fans around the world that still read and discuss and play Sega games. If "casuals" also buy it, then great. But Sega didn't go back to the drawing board to figure out how to appeal to them.

Especially in Japan, I doubt a single non-Sega fan will purchase this.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    I think you might be a bit off on the target market here. Everything about this (removing AtGames, getting M2 on board, fan interaction, etc.) screams that Sega is making this for the many fans around the world that still read and discuss and play Sega games. If "casuals" also buy it, then great. But Sega didn't go back to the drawing board to figure out how to appeal to them.

Especially in Japan, I doubt a single non-Sega fan will purchase this.
    Agreed. This has been made primarily with Sega fans in mind. The casual gamers, who aren't particularly big Sega fans, were more than satisfied with AtGames previous weak efforts at emulation. Sega are making this for the real fans and I think the games will reflect this.

To be fair, the removal of AtGames may have more to do with the Japanese side being seriously involved for once. They probably saw how the AtGames crap was like and gave them the boot immediately. Having worked with M2 for years probably also contributed.

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

IMHO Sega is one of the most prominent gaming hipster brands. That is, so long as it involves the majority of their catalog besides Sonic games. Other notorious hipster brands would be Turbografx-16/PC-Engine and Neo Geo. I too however am tired of trash like Columns. It wasn't that good. Puyo Puyo (and even Mean Bean Machine) are superior. I am not sure how I feel about Ecco because I've never had the patience to get in to it, but might give it a serious try sometime soon after all these years. I hope Rocket Knight Adventures is on the US machine too, since the Sparkster franchise is underrated as heck. Glad Bloodlines and Hard Corps are on this, though. And yes, I agree Aladdin and The Lion King are horribly mediocre. If there was ever a good Genesis Disney game by Virgin, it would be Mickey Mania. Hard as nails for a lot of people, but I have memorized the game and can zoom through it with little to no deaths. I even prefer it above the massively overrated Castle of Illusion, which is too slow for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    To be fair, the removal of AtGames may have more to do with the Japanese side being seriously involved for once. They probably saw how the AtGames crap was like and gave them the boot immediately. Having worked with M2 for years probably also contributed.
    It was that and so many fans and people were seriously vocal as hell about ATgames when they themselves announced they were going to work on the Mega Drive Mini. Suffice to say so many people banged on Sega's door about that and now we're getting something a million times better.
    05/05/15

Thread Information