Quantcast

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-nKcbP_e1M&hl=en&fs=1">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-nKcbP_e1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="644" height="386">

Not much to complain about here. Worth the investment. Whether or not the "lag" adds or detracts from the experience is all subjective. Not quite linear like most games, if you get what I mean.

Got mine and as expected the lag is a complete non-issue . The games play and sound almost every bit as good as I remember them.

Such a shame most of the popular Tubers talk such crap, actually know little of what they're talking about (bar Game Shack, LGR, My Life, Retrocore, Randomised) All this sheer and utter nonsense over a tiny amount lag and so many Tubers jumping on the bandwagon with 'Look at Me, I'm so wonderful and technical I can spot lag'. Rather than cover the unit for what it is and the wonderful and what a great job SEGA as done

The biggest issue is one that's hardly covered and the rather poor CRT filter
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Was just notified that mine has been sent out (Netherlands), I thought it wouldn't be out for a few days? Nice!
    Edit: No adapter? The website (and box image) says there's no adapter included, only a USB cable. I thought it included an adapter?
    Last edited by GelmiR; 09-26-2019 at 09:17 AM.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Was just notified that mine has been sent out (Netherlands), I thought it wouldn't be out for a few days? Nice!
    Edit: No adapter? The website (and box image) says there's no adapter included, only a USB cable. I thought it included an adapter?
    Neh they're not including adapters anymore, if you want that you'll have to buy one of these things and use it with your USB cable.

To make it clear: that pic is a stock phone charger :​v (although not bundling one is honestly shitty since surely all the chargers are already in use by their respective things?)

I've heard of places where they're including USB ports next to sockets but I don't think you'll be seeing that regularly at homes (since, well, it requires somebody actually request for an electrician to come up and start replacing them, and nobody does that unless something is already broken).

Thanks for the replies! I still don't fully understand though, will I be able to use it when it arrives - I thought that (unlike the NES mini) it was complete. Do I have to buy an adapter after all?

Master of Shinobi

Not if you have a usb port on your TV
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Thanks, I do have that. But for NES Mini I was advised not to use that. Is it different for Mega Drive mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Got mine and as expected the lag is a complete non-issue . The games play and sound almost every bit as good as I remember them.

Such a shame most of the popular Tubers talk such crap, actually know little of what they're talking about (bar Game Shack, LGR, My Life, Retrocore, Randomised) All this sheer and utter nonsense over a tiny amount lag and so many Tubers jumping on the bandwagon with 'Look at Me, I'm so wonderful and technical I can spot lag'. Rather than cover the unit for what it is and the wonderful and what a great job SEGA as done

The biggest issue is one that's hardly covered and the rather poor CRT filter
    Surprised you're giving this a positive review and I was also double shocked you bought a Switch Lite.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Surprised you're giving this a positive review and I was also double shocked you bought a Switch Lite.
    Isn't it time you let the Nintendo and Tom Kalinske grudge go?. I wouldn't say too much but the moment SEGA dropped AtGames and got M2 doing the coding I was in for the mini. I've also liked the Neo Geo Mini btw. I love SEGA's Valkyria Chronicles 4, Sonic Forces and Judgement and looking forward to Sakura Wars 4, which unless I'm very much mistaken are SEGA games.

Unlike most of Youtube, I don't care about a tiny amount of lag and love the Mini for what it is
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Thanks, I do have that. But for NES Mini I was advised not to use that. Is it different for Mega Drive mini?
    Why is that so?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Why is that so?
    I don't remember, I was hoping someone could tell me

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Isn't it time you let the Nintendo and Tom Kalinske grudge go?
    When you decide to stop bashing Segata with the Nintendo Fanboy commentary for all eternity, I will do the same. Also the main reason I gave you shit about buying a Switch Lite was because it's well documented here with your postings of you bashing Nintendo time and time again with they fail at this and they fail at that yet you still bought a brand new Switch Lite.

If I don't like something myself, I usually tend to not spend money on it.

P.S. I'm also fine with the Genesis Mini, It plays perfectly for me.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 09-27-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    When you decide to stop bashing Segata with the Nintendo Fanboy commentary for all eternity, I will do the same. Also the main reason I gave you shit about buying a Switch Lite was because it's well documented here with your postings of you bashing Nintendo time and time .
    I'll try and remember than, when I'm labeled a SNES Fanboy anytime I praise the system and its soundchip ... Anyway, as for your Childish nonsense over the Switch I'll buy what ever console or system I like and with the SNES games on the Switch now, it was the perfect time to buy a Switch lite.

Unlike some, any game or system I happen to bash, I've owned and played .. I'm not one for bashing games or systems I've never owned or played ..

How many people bash Sonic games even if they have not spent money on them
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-29-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

lol. You are still hung up on me, not liking a demo of Sonic Forces. My god, you are petty.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information