Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite PS1 games.

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    How many still own a PS1?

I have my PS1 and PSOne. I esp love the PSOne. One of the nicest looking consoles ever made IMO.
    Yep still have the SCPH-7001 don't use it though because the PS2 runs the many games just as well for me but never could see getting rid of it. Hell because of the versatility of the PS2 and how it dose such a good job I have two in use one for the LCD and other for CRT.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

I have three consoles. One is hooked up to a TV and one has a screen attached to it that I occasionally play on the road. The third... I think I'm going to give it away. I don't need three.

Master of Shinobi Hidden_Darkness's Avatar

I still have my original Playstation I got in January 1997 and a blue debug unit Playstation I bought in 2008.

Not too many people mention Granstream Saga, but definitely one of my favorites that get lost in the PS1's RPG shuffle.
    Loved the battle system, loved it all. I consider it the last installment of Quintet's Heaven/Earth series, some may disagree, but I think it caps off the SNES trilogy perfect.

Also Bloody Roar 2. Man, what a stunning fighter in every regard. Even the poster is badass.
    Last edited by Lync; 10-25-2018 at 12:41 AM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    How many still own a PS1?

I have my PS1 and PSOne. I esp love the PSOne. One of the nicest looking consoles ever made IMO.
    I lost my PS1 (along with my N64 and Dreamcast) when someone broke into our apartment back around 2001. I ended up getting a PS2 that I used to play PS1 games.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Didn't think I'd be the first to name Klonoa three pages in, yet here we are.

1) Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - Great OST, beautiful story, excellent gameplay, blah blah blah...
    2) Umihara Kawase Shun - Brilliant physics platformer and a huge leap above the SNES original.
    3) No One Can Stop Mr. Domino - So flawed but I love the premise and originality (am Artdink fan).

I have 2 PS1 systems. An old one stored away in a box from my brother and My PSone system which has a space on my Desk with the small OEM Screen mounted on it.
    05/05/15

I had a PSOne with the LCD. Id sold it to someone at TNL.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I had a PSOne with the LCD. Id sold it to someone at TNL.
    Shame on you!
    05/05/15

I know.

I had one too and I sold it too. I don't regret it though!

I did have fun with it , I took it on a few train trips with my family. I used to hook up my Nomad to it through the auxiliary port.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

My wife and I went to a flea market a few years back and we came across a woman with (among other things) a big Tupperware container filled with a PSOne with the LCD attached, a handful of games, a grip of memory cards, and a console-sized battery back that the PSOne would dock into for portable play. I didnt even ask the woman about it because I figured she would want some stupid amount of money for it, but my wife ended up picking the whole thing up for $25.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

^ Always ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Didn't think I'd be the first to name Klonoa three pages in, yet here we are.

1) Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - Great OST, beautiful story, excellent gameplay, blah blah blah...
    3) No One Can Stop Mr. Domino - So flawed but I love the premise and originality (am Artdink fan).
    I've never tracked down Klonoa on PS1, but I do have the Wii version. Have you played it and, if you have, what are your thoughts on it compared to the PS1 original? Also, I'm with you on No One Can Stop Mr. Domino (at least what you wrote here). The only problem is that I'm so bad at it that I can't really say one way or the other if I actually like the game. One of these days, I'm going to have to really sit down with it.

Wii

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    I've never tracked down Klonoa on PS1, but I do have the Wii version. Have you played it and, if you have, what are your thoughts on it compared to the PS1 original?
    The Wii version is definitely the superior version of the game save the cinematic bits which are much better as rendered FMV on the PlayStation than the Wii's attempt at pulling them off with the game engine. I also don't care for how Klonoa himself got lengthened in the remake, but it still looks good and doesn't look as drastic as when Sega lengthened Sonic. There's a good comparison video of the two versions here:

PSX Klonoa is also pretty pricey these days but is thankfully available on PSN for $6 if you have a PSP/Vita/PS3 to play it on, and it may be worth picking up at that price if you're a big enough fan.

Thread Information